A perfect religion?

xris

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:12 pm
@jack phil,
jack;128198 wrote:
My religion is between me and God, not the church. If this were the case for all people that are religious, there could be no such thing as different religions.

I dont know if that qualifies as a perfect religion... your thoughts?
So do you abide by any dogmatic demands your faith requires? Do you give yourself a certain handle? One man has faith two have a religion.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 02:05 am
@jack phil,
jack;128198 wrote:
My religion is between me and God, not the church. If this were the case for all people that are religious, there could be no such thing as different religions.

I dont know if that qualifies as a perfect religion... your thoughts?

We are like thinkers on this point, as for me I have been profoundly hurt and disillusioned by religion
0 Replies

1CellOfMany

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 06:43 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;128176 wrote:
Many of the Masters or originators of religion where really good people, but once their so called followers got hold of their message they messed it up so that if the exalted being ever returned to earth to observe what effect his words had on humanity, he/she would be horrified what was done in his/her name.

The kind gentle Jesus the ultimate pacifist would weep at the horrors done, due to this diluting and selfish use of his name to become rich, full and full of pride These Evangelist shout and scream on platforms/TV silly sermons of idiotic nonsense at times. Pontification "that if you do this god will do that" "if you do that then god will do this"ad-infinitum,

How on earth can a puny mortal man know what a god of infinite power will do? or not do?
melonkali

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:33 pm
@1CellOfMany,
1CellOfMany;128727 wrote:

Cell,

Thanks for responding to my questions in the "Science and Religion" thread in this forum. I apologize that I didn't read or respond to you sooner there -- busy times with much to be done in real life.

You have answered my questions again, and more specifically, in the post I am responding to now. Both my husband, Samm, and I are former Baha'i's, and may be on the Baha'i's "shun" list as "covenant breakers" -- we're not sure.

This is not the proper forum in which to address the issue further. I'd be happy to discuss it with you and/or others on the Baha'i forum.

rebecca
0 Replies

SammDickens

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 08:07 pm
@Three dog,
I am not fond of the word "perfect." I think perfection is a state that is seldom seen though often imagined in this world. But I suppose, if we cannot have a truly perfect religion, we can at least have a most nearly perfect religion that we may ponder upon.

In addition to other qualities, that religion would have to be a true religion, without conflicts or falsehoods in its scripture.

Samm
0 Replies

awareness

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 04:19 pm
@Three dog,
A perfect religion is each individual seeking the truth from within themselves.
0 Replies

BNPtW

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 04:36 am
@Three dog,
I have been searching for the perfect religion and ultimately put out one on my own.
It's the best I could come up with.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 12:40 pm
@Three dog,
Three_dog;120681 wrote:
I want to hear opinions on the perfect religion. What is it what makes it perfect? Can there be a perfect relifion?
Well least I think beliveing in myself is the best religion, why rely on others, which would be an unrelyable source of interferance.
Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 02:03 am
@Three dog,
While I am areligious I still believe in God.
0 Replies

awareness

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 08:47 am
@Three dog,
Three_dog;120681 wrote:
I want to hear opinions on the perfect religion. What is it what makes it perfect? Can there be a perfect relifion?

A perfect religion cannot be when in a universe that does not allow perfection to exist.

Some good religions to find one's own perfect self.

A Course in Miracles
Vedanta/Mental Yoga
8 Path of Buddhism
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:26 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;151416 wrote:
Well least I think beliveing in myself is the best religion, why rely on others, which would be an unrelyable source of interferance.

I can dig this. I always liked the term "Satanism" for this, but this term tends to be associated with the cheesy and the cartoonish. I think of John Milton's character Satan, who denied the Omnipotent and claimed his power as his own. Of course Milton was influenced strongly by Shakespeare, who presents this sort self-as-truth attitude in some of his characters.

I think the tricky part of this philosophy, which I generally share, is drawing the boundaries of the self. It seems to me that the best relationships with other humans blur precisely this boundary. We open ourselves to their ideas, emotions, etc. And this applies to the enjoyment of movies, music, philosophies, etc. It seems to me that the self is quite permeable.
0 Replies

Wisdom Seeker

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 11:17 am
@Three dog,
the perfect religion is your own fantasy, were everything you wish will happen.
north

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2010 06:28 pm
@Wisdom Seeker,
is that which is based on Humanities survival and morality is based on the survival of Humanity , physically , emotionally , mentally and sexually

which promotes a sound healthy attitude towards overselves

---------- Post added 04-17-2010 at 08:44 PM ----------

and to add that we above any god concept

that any we , Humanity are above any influence by god(s)
0 Replies

CookieMonster321

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 11:53 am
@Three dog,
Islam is ! came with Qura'an and brought the ultimate religion ! read about it try to understand it well and see for yourselves ! Smile
imans

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 01:03 pm
@CookieMonster321,
only evil wills can say such thing with all what is clearly known about islam religion being for humans slavery and animal kingdom as existence exclusivity

when even the qoran reject being a perfect religion and clarify itself being only for a time till apocalypse where wake up call would set the present instead
it says the profit u mean by usin worse for now advantages as ur way of breedin by fancy on everything being down
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 05:55 pm

Gnostic
imans

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:16 am
@north,
gnostic, is the existence of absolute no individually, as if truth is no
so it is a lie there is no gnostic in truth but it is from takin advantage from truth known being that one do not exist
north

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:03 pm
@imans,
imans wrote:

gnostic, is the existence of absolute no individually, as if truth is no
so it is a lie there is no gnostic in truth but it is from takin advantage from truth known being that one do not exist

Gnostic is far that

Gnostic is the learning or knowledge of the world around us, and is open to anyone
imans

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:18 pm
@north,
u cant know the world around u when u r from too, anything u know would b by substractin u so invalid or by involvin ur will so also invalid

while agnostic is never about that either, in the common sense agnostic as the word mean believin in the unknown powers that are not one, but it always point extraordinary powers not the world around nor reality
north

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 04:41 pm
@imans,
imans wrote:

u cant know the world around u when u r from too, anything u know would b by substractin u so invalid or by involvin ur will so also invalid

That's nonsense of course you can

Hence why we ologies of many, many types

Quote:
while agnostic is never about that either, in the common sense agnostic as the word mean believin in the unknown powers that are not one, but it always point extraordinary powers not the world around nor reality

The Gnostic philosophy is about the gaining of knowledge and having reverence for the Earth

The powers came from the center of the Universe from where Sophia came

You talk of unknown powers the power of the Gnostic is from our Planet, while the god of Abrahamic religion comes from outside our planet, so he has no connection to this planet at all
0 Replies