phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SEO )

Bison

Wed 21 Dec, 2005 04:55 pm
cparker, I had the same problem you did. I got a not found on server error when ever I clicked on a forum link, while I was not logged in as admin. I did not get it when logged in as admin.

It turns out that I left one of the
"s" off of .htaccess . I added the s and it was fixed.

Figured it might help you.

Bison
0 Replies

cparker

Wed 21 Dec, 2005 07:15 pm
Hi Bison, thanks very much for the tip. I wish I could say thats the problem, however my .htaccess is spelt correctly so I guess I'll have to keep looking.
0 Replies

ridinhighspeeds

Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:32 pm
Just wanted to thank you guys for the Able2Know modification!

After implementing this into my web site 3 months ago, Google has been doing some deep scans of my site.

Google cached pages of Defendingthetruth.com
0 Replies

ridinhighspeeds

Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:35 pm
BillEvans wrote:
First off I'm NOT complaining. Smile

I installed the SEO mod a few months ago.

Currently Indexed pages:

Yahoo: 702
Google: 70,000+

Traffic from the engines yesterday:

144 from Yahoo.
9 from google.

What the...

Anyone else have results like this?

Maybe Google really wants those keywords and descriptions. At least unique descriptions for the pages.

Same here buddy...I get like 200 from yahoo, and 25 from Google daily..?!
0 Replies

pedmic

Sat 24 Dec, 2005 08:11 am
Hello Craven

I just installed the seo 2.0.0 and i am wondering if you could take a glance at my site to check if everything is ok

all seem to be good but im not for sure

i didnt edit there title tag

here is my site

[Edit: Moderator: Link Removed]
0 Replies

Brian S

Sat 24 Dec, 2005 11:03 am
Working I think
Well after stumbling onto this forum doing a search on topics about phpbb I thought for sure I found a real treasure here. Well I decided to give these mods a try and see what happens. I'm no Php programmer but have done programming in pacsal and alittle C++. That does seem to help some in figuring out Php alittle and other script languages.

Anyway to get back to the main issue here. I installed these mods very carefully and amazingly they seem to work perfectly for me.
If I enter into my forum as an unregistered user or guest it now generates html pages. That is really a nice thing to see. Also all SIDs are gone. I can't complain at all. The forum still works the way it did before with only minor differences.

The only real issue I have well, maybe it's not an issue at all is when I run a program that creates a sitemap of my website.
It does not show any forum html pages at all. Should it? Also what about the /forum/****.php? links? Isn't the search engines suppose to stop indexing after running into a (?) ?

Is it that maybe generating a sitemap of my forum pages is done in a completely different manner then search engine indexing?

Can anyone answer these question? It would be much appreciated.
I've read alot of posts here and just can't seem to find a clear answer.
Other then that the mods do seem to work as stated.

Thanks,
Brian
0 Replies

cparker

Tue 27 Dec, 2005 03:01 am
I completely uninstalled/reinstalled the forum and did the mod from scratch, TWICE today, and still I'm getting /forums/ not found...

Whats going on with my .htaccess file?

As I said, it was empty before I did the mod...

Someone please help!

Thanks Wink
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 28 Dec, 2005 12:57 am
cparker wrote:
Thanks a lot Craven! There was a blank line at the top of page_header.php
That fixed the code error, however I still can't access my forums at all unless I leave .htaccess blank.

Please see here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44896
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:01 am
seo777 wrote:

I've done this only for the forum sections (e.g. Web Development & Design) not for the posts, and I manually wrote the rewrite rule for each section. Since I am the only Admin in the forum and nobody will be adding new sections I assume everything should be ok. Or am I missing something?

That should be fine, I'm talking about on a thread/post level.

Quote:

I assume this should be done before the other mod_rewrite rules of the SEO mod, right?

Just to be safe yes, but I think it would work either way in most cases (as long as you don't have the L flag set).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:04 am
ridinhighspeeds wrote:
BillEvans wrote:
First off I'm NOT complaining. Smile

I installed the SEO mod a few months ago.

Currently Indexed pages:

Yahoo: 702
Google: 70,000+

Traffic from the engines yesterday:

144 from Yahoo.
9 from google.

What the...

Anyone else have results like this?

Maybe Google really wants those keywords and descriptions. At least unique descriptions for the pages.

Same here buddy...I get like 200 from yahoo, and 25 from Google daily..?!

You might be ranked poorly in the backlink side of the algo. Non-unique content would also do that. Either way, it's not representative of the technical aspect of the mod working or not working.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 28 Dec, 2005 01:06 am
Re: Working I think
Brian_S wrote:

The only real issue I have well, maybe it's not an issue at all is when I run a program that creates a sitemap of my website.
It does not show any forum html pages at all. Should it?

Since it's not part of vanilla phpbb it probably shouldn't as each code set was written without its counterpart in mind.

Quote:
Also what about the /forum/****.php? links? Isn't the search engines suppose to stop indexing after running into a (?) ?

Most search engines can index dynamic pages to some degree.
0 Replies

cparker

Thu 29 Dec, 2005 01:39 am
.... I can't believe the whole time I simply had .htaccess in the wrong place.

Thanks a lot Craven, love your work.
0 Replies

MagnumPI

Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:02 am
Hi,
I uploaded the changes to 2.0.19 and everything seems fine - but I notice that on the index page the date AND member name are linking, not just the date. How do I fix that?
0 Replies

FoulFoot

Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:26 am
I just upgraded my forum from 2.0.17 to 2.0.19 (with this mod in place), and noticed that I'm no longer getting session ID's on any of my URLs -- logged in user or not!

I knew that the phpBB team was mucking around with "sessions" in the new versions, and I guess that's what they were doing. I've also figured that was the reason you've delayed the new version of this mod. Smile

Does this change to phpBB make the mod-rewrite portion of this mod obsolete? Everything is working fine on my system, so I don't feel the need to mess with anything (and I could care less whether logged-in users have any SIDs), but I was just wondering if mod-rewrite could be removed.

Lastly, I (and I know many other people) are anxiously awaiting version 3.0.0 of your mod. Keep pluggin! Smile

Foul
0 Replies

bryan2159

Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:11 am
Dear Able2Know,

I've been running your mod for about a month now, with success, and today I noticed something with my forum. I am getting a bug message whenever I try to upload avatars from a remote location.
Here is my bug message:

Code:Warning: copy(./images/avatars/8813683943bd15eddcdde.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/page_header.php on line 527

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/page_header.php on line 530

Does anybody know what the problem is? It looks like lines 520-532 in "page_header.php" deal with private cache control settings.

Is this problem mod related or something else?
0 Replies

CyberMartyr01

Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:05 pm
My forums no longer change icons when there is a new message posted in them. Was this intentional? It works for topics...
0 Replies

bryan2159

Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:18 pm
Quote:
I've been running your mod for about a month now, with success, and today I noticed something with my forum. I am getting a bug message whenever I try to upload avatars from a remote location.

Here is my bug message:

Code:
Warning: copy(./images/avatars/8813683943bd15eddcdde.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/page_header.php on line 527

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /hsphere/local/home2/talemitt/muscle-fusion-fitness.com/includes/page_header.php on line 530

Does anybody know what the problem is? It looks like lines 520-532 in "page_header.php" deal with private cache control settings.

Is this problem mod related or something else?

I simply had the CHMOD permissions set wrong in my site folder.
0 Replies

bryan2159

Sat 7 Jan, 2006 06:33 pm
Changed IP's and .html pages aren't working
Yesterday I changed my forum to a dedicated IP because someone was SPAM emailing and causing my shared IP to be blacklisted.

Today I logged on to my forum as a guest and tried to view pages, and they are all showing 404 errors.

What has happened in order to cause this? I could really use some help from someone on this one. My .htaccess file looks the same as it did before.

Thanks

........................................................................................................

OK, coming back to this same post 15 minutes later. I found out what the problem was. When I switched to a dedicated IP, my .htaccess file gained the suffix ".old" so it looked like ".htaccess.old". All I had to do was rename the A2K .htaccess file.

If I hadn't seen that tiny anomaly I would have dragged a solution out for days.
0 Replies

bernie213

Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
Ok, I am new to this and ready to upload it onto my forum. I don't know much about doing this. As of now I just updated to 2.0.19 and have nothing extra installed. I want to add this so my forum which is new but growing fast, will do well in SEO. Do I need to download anything else first? I use frontpage and hostgator is my host. Can anyone help me do it, I do not want to mess something up, because I would not know how to change it
0 Replies

spakesspin

Tue 10 Jan, 2006 02:52 pm
updated to 2.0.19
Hey guys !

I have installed 2.0.19 phpbb forum !

I lauched my this website on 4th jan 06.

Currently Busy in Posting Article's related to my website .

I posted 550 Article's to my forums !

Now , Need SEO for my forums . Cool

Just Downloaded A2k Seo 2.0.0 version !

I have Experience with MOD and able to clean install in my forum !

But First i want to confirm :

Q1.) It's 100% work with 2.0.19 version ??

(I noticed they changed something related to session ID's)

Q2.) Your Team going to lauch A2k Seo New version ?

(If Yes then I will wait for that new version and continue to post my more article's )

Waiting For Reply ! Thanks !

Wish this Mod works for me in future ! Smile
0 Replies