Homosexuals

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:44 pm
I was wondering if anyone on this board is a homosexual, and is comfortable with us knowing. I am filming a documentary on homosexuality.

(BTW keep the HAHA I'm gay jokes to yourself, because no one cares)

Also, does anyone know any discrimination stories they are willing to share? We can make this into a discussion. I've had many debates over these past few weeks with people on who is the most discriminated group. Many people (like me) think gays are the most discriminated. Others thing east-indians, people even say caucasians.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,175 • Replies: 45
No top replies

fealola

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:46 pm
What's the premise of your doc?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:51 pm
I don't know if this counts, I'm not gay, but I knew this kid in high school whose Catholic grandmother kicked him out of her house because he was. I don't know about them being the most descriminated group though - it's kind of limited to Catholic grandmothers, at least here (Tucson). In a lot of places here, Mexicans have it a lot harder. It varies by place, I think.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:55 pm
I live in New York, so the discrimination against homosexuals you see other places, you totally don't here (I also go to school in the East Village, which, if you know anything about New York. . . . .) So I'm out of touch with any kinda mainstream trend. . .

Here, I'd say people of Arab or Middle Eastern descent are the most discriminated against. . .
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 12:59 pm
Who is the targeted audience for your documentary?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:01 pm
I was about to ask that too! Premise? Audience?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 01:02 pm
looking in
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 09:54 pm
Outing is soooooo tacky...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 10:23 pm
Is that why you're using that name, bugger?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:44 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 01:53 am
PrincessAsh, I live in NY too. Maybe your living in the East Village has given you a positive take on the situation, but I can tell you that there is as much discrimination and bias against homosexuality in NY as there is anywhere else. NYC is more than Manhattan.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:58 am
I believe there are at least 3 gay male members of the site. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to name them. There's one at least who I know hasn't got any problem with people knowing.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 11:26 am
True, Roberta :-) that's why I added the East Village info. . . around here, you can do almost anything without raising an eyebrow :-) And he did ask for our particular experiences, and that's mine. . . I don't spend a lot of time outside Manhattan. . .
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:37 am
You know what I find really funny is that whenever a str8 man asks a question abt gay man or sex, the first thing he says is "I am not gay" Laughing

Wonder why is that ??
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:08 am
Gautam, what I would like to know about gay men, and let me preface this by saying that I am not gay -- where do you buy your shoes?

And like I said earlier... I am not gay.

You heard that part, didn't you, the part about me not being gay?

Ok, so how about those shoes?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:30 am
Interesting sociological moment.
We've had plenty of randy sex threads, wherein we discussed all manner of aspects of our sexuality...
Then, a guy comes in and asks orientation questions point blank, and the reception is chilly.

I'm missing something. I'm not criticising the response, but I am curious about it. Can someone explain? Is it because he's new?

Added: I do know why people wouldn't name others... I guess that's it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:11 am
I'm waiting to know more about the documentary on homosexuality, if that's true. Also where we ending going with the sociological end of this topic.
You can call me blind but {edit until disclosed} as far as I can remember is the only admitting anything about being gay on other topics...........

correct me if I'm wrong

I live a pretty sheltered life and the population of eastern Washington is not very diverse, so I can only imagine this could be informational if it were to go in the right direction.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:18 am
If my sexttiquette is updated correctly--it is not cool to divulge others' orientation.

You may want to delete that name, husk.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:24 am
Sofia wrote:
I'm not criticising the response, but I am curious about it. Can someone explain? Is it because he's new?

Yes, Sofia, it's because he is new. We are suspicious of his agenda, and protective of our friends on the board.

LOL, Gus!!!

Gautam, my "well-heeled" friend (!)...as you well know, homophobia is rampant everywhere. That's ONE of the reasons why straight guys are so afraid of being labeled gay. Were I in their place, I would be, too...afraid of repercussions. (Same reason some gays are still closeted.) And then, sometimes it's just their own prejudice showing. Ignore them, my friend. We love ya!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 09:26 am
Sofia, I think Gautam already made his orientation perfectly clear here. (See sig.) Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Homosexuals
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:14:06