major blooper by usa

kennethamy

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 07:08 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;88652 wrote:
Invading Iraq; you know, the country I mentioned by name in connection with the over half million dead Iraqi civilians.

How was that a wrong? It was wrong to attack us, since that was unprovoked, I agree. But why was that invasion a second wrong?
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 07:56 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88595 wrote:
But what you cite as examples of United States attacks are all palpably false.
You're utterly missing the point. You're also taking this thread way off topic.

And unless it's back on topic by the NEXT post you enter, it is getting locked.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 01:43 pm
@Aedes,
kennethamy;88681 wrote:
How was that a wrong? It was wrong to attack us, since that was unprovoked, I agree. But why was that invasion a second wrong?

First, one must justify the invasion - and every justification offered by the invading administration has been proven to be nonsense.

Second, there are a host of harms caused to the US for the invasion, and for the Iraqi people. For the US, it is a war we cannot afford, a war that strengthens and expands the already bloated military-industrial complex Eisenhower warned of, a war that has given rise to the most powerful mercenary force in history - a mercenary force guilty of countless atrocities against civilians - a war that has further diminished worldwide respect of the United States.
For the people of Iraq, it is a war that has claimed, as I already mentioned, well over half a million civilian lives, destroyed that nation's basic infrastructure including healthcare, security, clean water, and public peace. And this is not to justify Sadam's regime - instead, these are indisputable facts about the harm caused by the US invasion, an invasion into a nation that had absolutely no relation to the September 11th attacks.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:35:31