major blooper by usa

Caroline

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 01:47 pm
@salima,
Well Kennathmy for a start, I wasn't trying to justify the AL qaeda attacks, I wouldn't justify anything so extreme, the reason I said they got fed up with the US bombing them which I may add I didn't say when or where, after the 9/11 attacks an Iraqi resident living in New York was asked what she thought of the Twin Towers going down and she said, "Good because now you all know what it feels like to be bombed, we get bombed all the time in Iraq."
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 01:48 pm
@salima,
Kenneth, perhaps Caroline was referring to a post-facto justification in which the US response to 9/11 suggests to the Arab world that we're the enemy. Or perhaps she was referring to OTHER American military involvement in the region before Iraq and Afghanistan, as even a cursory reading might suggest.

Either way, your completely unnecessary personal attack, which I've taken the liberty of deleting, is against the rules and just plain tactless.
kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 01:54 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;88503 wrote:
Kenneth, perhaps Caroline was referring to OTHER American military involvement in the region before Iraq and Afghanistan, as even a cursory reading would suggest. Not to mention that your completely unnecessary personal attack, which I've taken the liberty of deleting, is against the rules and just plain tactless.

She was? What would make you think so? Which attacks have you in mind, anyway?
Do you think 9.11 was justified, by the way? "Justified", by the way, means, it was the right thing to do. So you and she think that mass murder was the right thing to do.
Krumple

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 01:59 pm
@salima,
My personal opinion on the september 11 incident deals with Palestine/Israeli issue.

The Palestinians hate America, but why? Because we basically showed up one day and told them to move because we are planting a Jewish state right in their country. The US forced them out of their homes never to return and gave the land to the Jewish re-settlers. The establishing of Israel and ever since that day, Israel has been slowing taking more and more land away from them forcing them out by tank turret. The Palestinians have no where to go and nothing to lose so with their anger and frustration they planed for some revenge. The way you topple a massive army is simple, just read the art of war and you will see what they have pulled us into will ultimate cause our own demise.

-The Art of War
kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 02:02 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;88507 wrote:
My personal opinion on the september 11 incident deals with Palestine/Israeli issue.

The Palestinians hate America, but why? Because we basically showed up one day and told them to move because we are planting a Jewish state right in their country. The US forced them out of their homes never to return and gave the land to the Jewish re-settlers. The establishing of Israel and ever since that day, Israel has been slowing taking more and more land away from them forcing them out by tank turret. The Palestinians have no where to go and nothing to lose so with their anger and frustration they planed for some revenge. The way you topple a massive army is simple, just read the art of war and you will see what they have pulled us into will ultimate cause our own demise.

-The Art of War

What has any of this to do with Caroline's view that mass murder of innocent people was the right thing to do?
Caroline

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 02:49 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88508 wrote:
What has any of this to do with Caroline's view that mass murder of innocent people was the right thing to do?

I didn't say that, please see post before this one, thanks.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 02:54 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88508 wrote:

To be honest, nothing, but I was responding to this comment you made;

kennethamy wrote:

How could Al Quaeda be justified for the 9/11 attacks by the Iraq and Afganistan invasions when the invasions took place after the 9/11 attacks, and were in response to them?

Meaning, I don't think Iraq or Afghanistan were involved in the September 11th incident. So their invasions are unwarrented and with that I stated my opinion as to why the incident happened.
kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 03:55 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;88516 wrote:
To be honest, nothing, but I was responding to this comment you made;

Meaning, I don't think Iraq or Afghanistan were involved in the September 11th incident. So their invasions are unwarrented and with that I stated my opinion as to why the incident happened.

(Sigh) Al Quaeda was based in Afganistan, and when we asked whoever was in charge there to surrender bin Laden, he refused. Saadam was a menace to the region. Our invasions were completely justified, and should have been sooner.

---------- Post added 09-06-2009 at 05:59 PM ----------

Caroline;88515 wrote:
I didn't say that, please see post before this one, thanks.

People who don't want their houses to come down around their ears, ought to behave like civilized human beings. And, people who do not want to be detained and searched in airports (and elsewhere) ought to tell their brethren not to blow up planes, school buses, and whatever else they can think of.
Caroline

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 04:15 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88525 wrote:
(Sigh) Al Quaeda was based in Afganistan, and when we asked whoever was in charge there to surrender bin Laden, he refused. Saadam was a menace to the region. Our invasions were completely justified, and should have been sooner.
They also invaded after Saddam.

kennethamy;88525 wrote:
People who don't want their houses to come down around their ears, ought to behave like civilized human beings. And, people who do not want to be detained and searched in airports (and elsewhere) ought to tell their brethren not to blow up planes, school buses, and whatever else they can think of.
I don't know why you're telling me this?
kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 05:25 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;88533 wrote:
They also invaded after Saddam.

I don't know why you're telling me this?

I thought you might mention it to your complaining Iraqi resident. And that you might want to know that your Iraqi resident's complaint has no justification. Also, if your Iraqi resident feels that way, your Iraqi resident ought to skedaddle back to his fine country.
salima

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 06:05 pm
@salima,
i would say that now this thread is definitely off topic as well as out of hand
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 07:21 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88506 wrote:
She was? What would make you think so?
The fact that it's ridiculous to assume that she did not know the order in which 9/11, Afghanistan, and Iraq occured, the fact that the Muslim world has been expressing hostility towards American influence and activities since long before 9/11, and the fact that our invasion of Iraq (in particular) has done nothing but magnify ill-will towards us and give extremists more rhetorical material.

kennethamy;88506 wrote:
Which attacks have you in mind, anyway?
It's not what I have in mind -- it's what Muslim spokespeople have repeatedly cited, namely the 1990 Gulf War, the sanctions against Iraq, missile strikes on Iraq and Sudan, and alliance with Israel.

And knowing how much difficulty you have successfully reading my obscure text, let me be crystal clear that I myself do not see the above-cited points as wrong or unjustified, though they have frequently been sloppy.

kennethamy;88506 wrote:
Do you think 9.11 was justified, by the way?
No, don't be ridiculous.
kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 08:24 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;88567 wrote:
The fact that it's ridiculous to assume that she did not know the order in which 9/11, Afghanistan, and Iraq occured, the fact that the Muslim world has been expressing hostility towards American influence and activities since long before 9/11, and the fact that our invasion of Iraq (in particular) has done nothing but magnify ill-will towards us and give extremists more rhetorical material.

It's not what I have in mind -- it's what Muslim spokespeople have repeatedly cited, namely the 1990 Gulf War, the sanctions against Iraq, missile strikes on Iraq and Sudan, and alliance with Israel.

And knowing how much difficulty you have successfully reading my obscure text, let me be crystal clear that I myself do not see the above-cited points as wrong or unjustified, though they have frequently been sloppy.

No, don't be ridiculous.

The Gulf War was a joint effort by the USA, several European states, and Syrian, and Saudi Arabia, because Iraq invaded Kuwait. So that was an attack by the USA? Sanctions are not violence, and not an attack. Missile strikes were in retaliation for attack on the USS Cole, and other United States targets. An alliance with a country is not an attack on any country. Any more pseudo-examples which you think merit 9/11?

And, I have no idea whether someone knows the chronology of events. My guess is as good as yours. From what I read, there was no reason to think that Caroline knew what happened when. Have you a further source of information?

No, don't be ridiculous.

Does that mean yes, or no?
Aedes

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 09:05 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88585 wrote:
The Gulf War was a joint effort by the USA, several European states, and Syrian, and Saudi Arabia, because Iraq invaded Kuwait. So that was an attack by the USA? Sanctions are not violence, and not an attack. Missile strikes were in retaliation for attack on the USS Cole, and other United States targets. An alliance with a country is not an attack on any country. Any more pseudo-examples which you think merit 9/11?
This is about the 20th consecutive post in which you deliberately misread or cursorily skip my post. And this is going to be the last ever time I gratify you with a response. I am NOT NOT NOT justifying 9/11. I am NOT presenting my own opinion. I am presenting commonly offered arguments. And I said flat out in my last post that these are not my views.

kennethamy;88585 wrote:
No, don't be ridiculous.

What about "No" don't you understand. :nonooo:
kennethamy

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2009 09:26 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;88589 wrote:
This is about the 20th consecutive post in which you deliberately misread or cursorily skip my post. And this is going to be the last ever time I gratify you with a response. I am NOT NOT NOT justifying 9/11. I am NOT presenting my own opinion. I am presenting commonly offered arguments. And I said flat out in my last post that these are not my views.

What about "No" don't you understand. :nonooo:

But what you cite as examples of United States attacks are all palpably false. I did not say you were justifying 9/11, but both you and Caroline seem to be very understanding of the mass murders' motives. Hitler, too, proffered a number of justifications for his depredations, and, believe it or not, there were some who found them understandable too.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 01:33 am
@kennethamy,
Caroline;88498 wrote:
Yeah I know, I'm sorry DT

No, no, no need to apologize - because you raise a great point. Two wrongs do not make a right, yet that is the often consumed justification for so many atrocities. At the moment, that is a widely accepted justification for the slaughter of over half a million Iraqis.
kennethamy

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 02:38 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;88633 wrote:
No, no, no need to apologize - because you raise a great point. Two wrongs do not make a right, yet that is the often consumed justification for so many atrocities. At the moment, that is a widely accepted justification for the slaughter of over half a million Iraqis.

What is the second wrong?
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 04:10 am
@salima,
Listen kennetahmy, the west have had a vested interest in occupying the east due to OIL ok, go figure it out yourself, thousands of innocent people have been killed by the west because of this and have been for years, that is what Saddam wanted, control over it, do you really think I would condone the 9/11 attacks, come on! You don't know me very well then do you and stop suggesting that I do condone it, that is a very dangerous thing to do. What I actually said was I understand the reasons behind it, didn't actually say I agreed with the attack, you really ought to learn to read peoples posts properly or one day you could end up in serious hot water.

---------- Post added 09-07-2009 at 05:19 AM ----------

kennethamy;88585 wrote:

And, I have no idea whether someone knows the chronology of events. My guess is as good as yours. From what I read, there was no reason to think that Caroline knew what happened when. Have you a further source of information?

Geez give me some credit, I have read loads and watched loads, I tell you what is an excellent film that portrays what the kids went through when Saddam tyrannised and tortured these poor people, its a world cinema film and it's called Turtles Can Fly, it has a picture of a girl on the front carrying a basket of mines on her back and it breaks my heart every time I think of it, PLEASE YOU ALL SHOULD WATCH IT.

kennethamy;88585 wrote:
Obviously no!
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 04:36 am
@Caroline,
kennethamy;88640 wrote:
What is the second wrong?

Invading Iraq; you know, the country I mentioned by name in connection with the over half million dead Iraqi civilians.
Caroline

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 05:10 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;88547 wrote:
I thought you might mention it to your complaining Iraqi resident. And that you might want to know that your Iraqi resident's complaint has no justification. Also, if your Iraqi resident feels that way, your Iraqi resident ought to skedaddle back to his fine country.

Maybe she thinks she has a better chance of surving or not having her legs blown off by a mine over here but since I don't know her perosnally like your post suggests I cant tell her that now can I Kennethamy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 12:03:47