When Your Loved

William

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:18 pm
One of the topics that is rarely, if ever, discussed on this forum is LOVE. I know for many it's hard to imagine what it means as we so casually toss it around exclaiming all that "we love" to the point that I think we become confused and lose sight of what it really means. In another post I offered love is a one way street and it can only be given and how so very great it would be it we all were so giving. Here is song by Debbie Boone recorded some 31 years ago and I think it says a lot to what it means. I hope you enjoy it.:bigsmile:

YouTube - Debbie Boone- When You're Loved

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,038 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Catchabula

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:37 pm
@William,
Not "discussed"? Perhaps not, but by some it is continuously mentioned, because it is the background of their thought and the essence of their being. All together there's only love and death as important philosophical themes, because they are the main riddles of life. It needs a little suffering to discover that. By the way, how's health?
William

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:05 pm
@Catchabula,
Catchabula;87232 wrote:
Not "discussed"? Perhaps not, but by some it is continuously mentioned, because it is the background of their thought and the essence of their being. All together there's only love and death as important philosophical themes, because they are the main riddles of life. It needs a little suffering to discover that. By the way, how's health?

I know what your saying Catch and my health is well. Thank you, for asking, and yours?

William

---------- Post added 08-31-2009 at 10:47 PM ----------

Oh, and by the way,what reminded me of this song was my daughter called me and asked it I remembered a movie's correct title she loved when she was young girl, "The Magic of Lassie" with Jimmy Stewart. This song was in that movie and if you ever have a chance, it will do your heart good to give it a look. It is indeed family fair and i think you will enjoy it.

Later, my friend

William
0 Replies

Catchabula

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 01:27 pm
@William,
My health? Well, I can walk a hundred meters without puffing like an old steam engine. I already passed the pneumologist. Friday there's an appointment with the cardiologist and the urologist, and next week with the neurologist. But it's still not the undertaker. We'll see..

Yes, for some reason modern man (or woman) has become suspicious towards good old sentimentality, while either a good laugh or some good crying are the best of medicine. And it looks so intellectual to be blind for what's simple and obvious and true, why do we indulge in all these silly complications? When you're dying feeding the ducks with your kids will be a better memory than the whole of Kant and Hegel.

Hm, and I share your idols you know. Crazy about Hayley Westenra here. From all singers I've ever heard and seen she comes closest to an elf I feel. It seems they have to glue her pointed airs against her head before each show, or it would be too obvious :bigsmile: . But you know I'm a dreamer...

Seeya,
Catch.
0 Replies

Belial phil

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 10:30 pm
@William,
William;87229 wrote:
One of the topics that is rarely, if ever, discussed on this forum is LOVE. I know for many it's hard to imagine what it means as we so casually toss it around exclaiming all that "we love" to the point that I think we become confused and lose sight of what it really means. In another post I offered love is a one way street and it can only be given and how so very great it would be it we all were so giving.

I use the word love a lot when referring to inanimate objects, plants, animals, and such.
Though almost never people.
There is only one person thus far I've ever said I love you to. And only a couple people I said I loved to someone else. (The first being unrequited, hence me never saying it directly to her)

For a short period of time I used the spelling 'love' to refer to that one person while using the spelling 'luv' to refer to everything else.
I wanted to create a new word to refer to those things I didn't actually feel real love for, but I went with an established internet slang term so people would understand. But then I felt like an idiot, so I stopped. :cool:
TickTockMan

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 11:16 pm
@Belial phil,
Belial;89323 wrote:
But then I felt like an idiot, so I stopped. :cool:

I wish more of us had this ability. I often feel like an idiot, but I just keep on going on.
Belial phil

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 11:19 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan;89328 wrote:
I wish more of us had this ability. I often feel like an idiot, but I just keep on going on.

Heh.
We all have our idiocies, even if we don't like to admit it.
I've definitely had my fair share. Some of them I like or at least don't mind, in those cases I generally just keep them.
But in cases like the aforementioned, in which I feel like an idiot and don't like the particular idiotic thing I'm doing, I stop doing it.
0 Replies