Abuzz

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 12:41 pm
Greyfan, That was the ultimate abuse that chased me away from abuzz. But, you know what? I don't miss it, because A2K is so much better in every way.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 03:51 pm
Abuzz
Anyway, I post on several forums within A2K and really wouldn't have time for much Abuzz investigation, even if it all improves more than superficially.

I'm sorry Abuzz went the way it did, but A2K suits me just fine.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 04:06 pm
Abuzz was my first foray into the forum game. I liked it at first, spent time in the foodie threads, but it did indeed get mean. I pretty much gave it up until I was invited to come here. I'm happy where I am and don't really have time for more than one forum, especially when I am involved with a forum that includes so many likeable folks, in earnest.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:22 pm
It's amazing how much we all enjoyed Abuzz at one point. . . Pheonix's, urr, metaphor is evidence to the fact that many of us took it personally when the whole thing went down the toilet (no pun intended) despite our best efforts to save it. I know I did. And I'm not willing to put more effort into it now that most are gone and it's been left to the crazies. I'm amazed the Times even allows it server space any longer. . . not much goes on there anymore. . .

However, I will say that it was wonderful to see Eric on Deb's thread. . . proof that the old moderators still have an attachment :-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:37 pm
I used computers for years (many) just to type stuff and didn't get email until way late (mid 2001), and plugged into abuzz shortly thereafter via NYT. I remember Eric keeping trying.

For me it is family here, weird of course, but all families are.
I said that once before and someone challenged me, smokingunne I think. Still, I insist, all families are.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 10:44 am
I investigated an Abuzz thread about Prince Charles and left quickly. Nasty, vicious gay bashing and personal attacks. Ugh!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:28 am
I think if people like crusader bunnypants and umbagog disappear, abuzz can be rescued. But hey wait, if these two go away, then there wont be any new interactions Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:30 am
Gautam- Seems that way. Which proves that an organization can be held together with dung! Laughing

I really wonder sometimes, if the big shots at the New York Times ever read what is going out under their banner. Maybe they could sell Abuzz to the Enquirer..........much more appropriate!
0 Replies