Favorite "Comfort" Foods

dyslexia

Tue 8 Jun, 2010 09:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

May I ask ,the source and locale of said delicious meatloaf? http://i48.tinypic.com/rrqfeq.jpg
see, that's a problem with me, I remember the meatloaf, the diner decor, the delightful company (roberta and 2 of her friends) and the night before we met roberta at a quaint italian place, table right in the front window and the staff must have known roberta because they even treated me like a welcome guest, and then that evening dinner with joe nation, frank apisa, bernie and lola at some restaurant around the corner from times square and then up a block to our hotel. what I remember is the company and the conversation, not the place. Same thing when we were in london and amsterdam and germany. even our trip to boston, I don't hardly remember the place but I sure remember the people and where everyone sat and the conversations we had. littlek was my favorite, she has a sharp tongue. I don't even remember if we had anything to eat but we talked for hours.
ossobuco

Tue 8 Jun, 2010 10:44 pm
@dyslexia,
The some restaurant around the corner (hi, Dys) was Pierre au Tunnel, on 47th near 9th, now no longer there. (I have some visual memory ability, and mess up some other brain stuff). Roberta and Diane and I ate there.
Chaoschick

Mon 30 Jan, 2012 05:39 pm
@ossobuco,
I call it a burrito, but I am a vegetarian. Avacado, tomato, olive, spinach, cheese sometimes, peppers, salt and pepper. In a tortilla. Heated up a tiny bit.

*tummy rumbles*
Phoenix32890

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 04:20 pm
Blue Diamond Almond Milk, in a glass of ice- I started using it recently, and find it utterly addicting. The unsweetened only has 30 calories per 8oz., so I can binge on it when I want. I do add a bit of Sweet and Low to it.
chai2

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 05:49 pm
@Phoenix32890,
For me a favorite comfort food is sushi.

Almond milk, I've tried it, it's not for me. I like unsweentened soy milk
tsarstepan

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 06:09 pm
@chai2,
The thumbs up is for the sushi not the almond milk poser. Wink

~~
I forgot to mention pizza in my encyclopedic list of comfort food.
chai2

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 06:26 pm
@Chaoschick,
Chaoschick wrote:

I call it a burrito, but I am a vegetarian.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive.
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 06:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

The thumbs up is for the sushi not the almond milk poser. Wink

~~
I forgot to mention pizza in my encyclopedic list of comfort food.

Oh yeah, I got that re the sushi vs almond milk.

I couple years ago I was walking on the greenbelt in the middle of winter, and tripped over a tiny piece of rock sticking out of the ground (it was probably the top of an alient spacecraft, like in The Tommyknockers, evil it was) I took a fall off the path, rolling and tumbling down the side of a steep incline, through bare trees with all sorts of brances and twigs sticking out, ready to take my eye out. All while I was tumbling I'm thinking "Don't hit your head, don't pass out no one will find you if you pass out" Then I promptly hit my head. Shocked
When I finally landed I was stuck in between 2 trees and the way my legs and arms were, I couldn't get out. Well, obviously I did, but it was one of those inch by inch things....move this leg, then readjust arm, shift hip move other leg....sheesh.....then I had to crawl back up through wet leaves and God knows what, in the cold. Right before I tripped I was thinking what a glorious day it was, and how all was right with the world.
When I got to the top, I had to walk a couple more miles to get to my car.

When I got in my car I thought....."I need sushi"

I went to Central Market to get some, and I was getting the weirdest looks from people.
It wasn't until I got home and looked in the mirror that I understood why.

I looked like I had fallen down a hill and had my ass stuck in the trees for an hour.

ossobuco

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 06:41 pm
@chai2,
You made me laugh, not so much re the fall which was scary even to read, but for the sushi connection. I like sushi a lot myself, except keep me away from raw sea urchin.
0 Replies

stevem13

Tue 19 Nov, 2013 06:50 am
Nice.
For me too, it will be homemade mac and cheese.
0 Replies

stevem13

Mon 9 Dec, 2013 12:28 am
@Phoenix32890,
My favourite is Pretzel
0 Replies

Adityavarma

Tue 13 May, 2014 01:23 am
Mutton Biryani
chicken chap with wine
0 Replies