Who is the Greatest Genius Alive Today?

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And you question the genius of Hawkings.

I indeed question placing him in the same class as Maxwell, Newton, and Einstein for example.
0 Replies

calebburke

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:54 pm
Definately Chuck Norris.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:55 pm
@calebburke,
calebburke wrote:

Definately Chuck Norris.
oh yeah definately!
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Alton Brown for the Win!!
http://losingfifty.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/alton_brown_geek_motivator.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Luckily, I learned earlier. Not to knock him, even good for him, but, y'know, I don't need constant links to see videos. Just print me the recipe and I'll look at it. Alternately, I probably post too many Bitten links.
0 Replies

kubie

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:03 pm
@BillRM,
Obama is far from genius - he is a politician with a lot of money that bought his elections in return for whatever the donors requested. Many times the donors got what they wanted, most of the time they were lied to.
Bernie Madoff was a genius - a bad person, but a genius.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:10 pm
@kubie,
I like the guy I mentioned that no one responded too. 48 people with no interest.. (slap)

http://able2know.org/topic/145360-1

But.. he is probably as non perfect as the rest of us.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 03:00 pm
steve jobs anyone?
apple is making quite a mark on..near everything dealing with people and their glowing electric objects.

hawking had my vote until he sold out and did a discovery bit on why we should fear ET's.

I still think it was an imposter the cia made for the special. not too hard to fake his voice.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 03:55 am
@CarbonSystem,
Quote:
hawking had my vote until he sold out and did a discovery bit on why we should fear ET's.

My impression right or wrong is that Hawking have one hell of a good public PR
campaign going for him with the help that his medical conditions making very press.

But I still do see any solid indication that he should be given the same standing of a Maxwell, Newton or Einstein.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 04:39 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Knee jerkishly, I would have to say Professor Stephen Hawking, the theoretical physicist.

But I would have to think about it further and hope I can fall under an epiphany of another name and genius. I doubt I will be able to remember anyone with the mental chops of Stephen Hawking.

Why, because he's on TV a lot? How does he stack up against other physicists?
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 06:12 am
This question is too broad. Unless we can agree to 'domains' i.e. subject matter areas, it will be a shot gun approach.

I can think of a few people in PR who are of a 'genius' nature.

George Washington Carver has always facinated me, but he is dead.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 03:10 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Asimov was a genus in his writings in both the wide areas of human knowledge he wrote on as at least a sem-expert and the amazing total of his lifetime works.

All the writers you name and a dozen more cheerfully thrown in did not produce twenty percents of his works in volume.

None of the writers you name or all of them together did not covers the fields of science, mathematic, art, religion, politic, history that Asimov cover in his lifetime.

The men you name was stories tellers and little else Asimov however tied a large percent of human knowledge together and yes he was far more of a genus in that regard.

By your standards Jozef Ignacy Kraszewski must have been a literary genius as well.
BillRM

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I do not remember using the word literary but the word writer instead.

Not a one to one meaning and as a writer he have no rivals.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 10:56 pm
Quote:
Modesty forbids me from telling you it is me.
0 Replies

maeda

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 03:40 pm
@wandererandshadow,
Fedor Emelianenko..The greatest genius alive and the one that i respect the most after Nikola Tesla..
Ionus

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 03:54 am
@wandererandshadow,
Quote:
Santa Claus...have you seen that guys work schedule and multi-tasking ability ????
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:31 am
@maeda,
Tesla were both a first order genius and at least a second order nut.
raprap

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:02 am
The normal distribution predicts that 1 out of a million people have an intelligence that leaves the rest of us with the chimpanzees

Stephan Wolfram is one of those

http://regmedia.co.uk/2009/05/19/wolfram_on_wolfram.jpg

Think about this though--with the worlds population of 5 billion--there are 5000 of these individuals world wide (1000 of them in China alone) .

Rap
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:11 am
It may be both a good and bad thing that our scientists, historians and social theorists are regularly on television, explaining their work to the great unwashed. Generally, in America, they are on PBS where they are usually watched by the washed.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:47 pm
I would guess the greatest genius alive today is the 29 year old guy who built this . . . out of Legos . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX09WnGU6ZY

According to PC WORLD:

Hello World! One Lego enthusiast has made a working printer using spare Lego bricks, a felt-tip pen, a few mechanical parts, and a heap of ingenuity.

The homemade Lego printer, built by B3ta forum member "Squirrelfantasy," also features a number of hardworking Lego minifigures. See the printer--which uses the felt-tip pen in place of an ink cartridge--in action and watch the video after the jump.

The surprisingly accurate Lego Felt-Tip 110" Printer was all designed and coded from scratch, and was built with analog motors, sensors, a printer driver, and a wired USB interface.

Unlike mainstream printers, replacing the ink in this homemade effort is not a costly affair. When the printouts begin to fade simply buy a new felt tip pen and you're all set!
0 Replies