I have had it with these m*****f****** snakes in these *****f****** potatoes

Pemerson

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 08:52 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Could have been a spider.

I got goddamn cellulitis from spider bites twice.

I recall you saying that in one of your posts. Was it a brown recluse? Those things scare me to pieces. Was it in the house? Pestmaster comes out 5 times/year to spray around the house and attic. Hope we're not slowly killing ourselves with that strong stuff! I won't allow him to spray inside.

My son and daughter-in-law were in Australia for about 6 months. Couldn't believe what she described sitting on the living rm. wall.
Pemerson

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 09:16 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Despite the fact that we've been married for 20 years, Mr. B still prefers that I remove my boots and gloves before coming to bed.

lol. I sure get that. But, both of us had been working outside without boots, gloves. I bought 4 pair yesterday! (gloves)

My cats are a little different because they had to be in-house cats for 3 years. Before that they were just outside cats (barn cats). Here, they're in 7th heaven, don't know why they stay home or hide in trees when other cats come around, but maybe because we stay home too. The 12 yr. old used to bring huge rabbits home. I think she is retired.

Our neighbor has a three-ft. high stack of huge limestones stacked against the privacy fence between our houses and I think the snakes have a trail between his stonepile and our deck which is about 7 in. off the ground (perfect for all the neighbor's cat's sand box. This year we stapled a strip of wire fencing 'round it. Works great, at least for the cat poop.

People keep telling us that the cats will kill the snakes. Maybe I'll believe them.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 09:26 pm
@Pemerson,
She's in Australia, Pemerson. Our poor brown recluse wouldn't last a day.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 11:39 pm
@Pemerson,
It was probably just a huntsman:

http://brokenbay.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/huntsman-spider.jpg

They look a bit spooky, but, although their bite is painful, they are not poisonous to humans, and they only bite under extreme circumstances.

I don't think we have brown recluse spiders.

I don't know what bit me, but it was the infection what was the problem.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 06:52 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
It's hard to leave them alone when the cat puts them in my bed.
This sounds to me like it is the fault of the bed or the cat, not the snakes.
0 Replies