President Obama Chooses Kagen For Supreme Court

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:27 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

okay so i saw her picture, why are they spelling chaz bono as elena kagen?

That's not nice. None of the SC justices are exactly good-lookin, she'll fit right in.

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
come on dude, RBG is HAWT (rawr)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:40 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

come on dude, RBG is HAWT (rawr)

You Cougars never cease to amaze me

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 11:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

'Whites Only' was also fairly common back in the 50's

"Whites Only" is still in existence, kept nicely under the blankets, like a ripe pimple ready to burst.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 05:34 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

'Whites Only' was also fairly common back in the 50's

"Whites Only" is still in existence, kept nicely under the blankets, like a ripe pimple ready to burst.

Yeah, all those BLUE states are stuck in the 50's.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 05:53 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

you seem to be out of the loop, Bono had had herself surgically made into a man.

exactly
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:03 am
radio god Ron Bennington's take on the nomination

"if she makes it, it means we will have a Supreme Court made up entirely of Catholics and Jews, or as i like to call them, smart people, finally 9 Catholics and Jews putting Protestants in their place"
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 08:27 am

Radio Hall of Fame winner Neal Boortz has commented on Obama's choice.

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Quote:
... her appointment would mean the first time in history that the
Supreme Court had three female justices - though it won't be all that obvious.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 01:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Too late. We already have at least two Justices who dont belong on the court.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 02:10 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
What's the thought process behind picking a supreme court justice without any judicial experience? Is there an argument for that?

gov't...thought process....Definitely not
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 03:04 pm
@CarbonSystem,
Let's not be hasty. Chief Justice Earl Warren did not have any experience as a judge before being nominated into the Supreme Court. There are others as well so this isn't either a precedent or a bad move on President Obama's part.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 07:48 pm
Why are people talking about how attractive/unattractive she is? I can't think of anything more typical or wrong about American domestic politics.

A
R
Typical...
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 07:53 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
Why are people talking about how attractive/unattractive she is? I can't think of anything more typical or wrong about American domestic politics
because good looks is associated with intelligence. People assume that those gifted with good genetics for visible physical traits are also gifted with good genetics of the brain.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 08:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
What we have is a person whose career has dovetailed with the incentives presented by the confirmation system, a system that punishes creativity and rewards caginess. Arguments are already being made for and against her nomination, but most of this is speculation because she has been too careful to let her actual positions leak out.

There’s about to be a backlash against the Ivy League lock on the court. I have to confess my first impression of Kagan is a lot like my first impression of many Organization Kids. She seems to be smart, impressive and honest " and in her willingness to suppress so much of her mind for the sake of her career, kind of disturbing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/11/opinion/11brooks.html?hp

Yep, and show me a society the punishes creativity and willingness to fight for something and I will show you a dying society. That Obama, a smart fellow, thinks that kagan is the perfect pick demonstrates how much trouble we are in.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 04:24 am
Jon Stewart chimes in on the nomination:
Quote:
Tuesday May 11, 2010
Release the Kagan
President Obama's Supreme Court nominee, Elena Kagan, is exactly like Harriet Miers except for the dumb part. (07:47)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-may-11-2010/release-the-kagan
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 05:51 am
@tsarstepan,

Jon Stewart... not my choice for fair and balanced commentary.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 05:56 am
from twitter

If Elena Kagan is a closeted homosexual then maybe liberal fears that she's actually a Republican are well founded.

bashing people stupid enough to put themselves in the public eye is great

can't wait for the elections, republicans, democrats, independents all fair and unbalanced game

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:32 am
@failures art,
I tried to find the Monte Python skit in which Eric Idle and one other Python (can not remember which) are gay judges who discuss what they wear under their robes.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:33 am
@hawkeye10,
Clarence Thomas comes to mind.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:37 am
@hawkeye10,
Note: "because good looks IS associated with intelligence . . ."