White Seniors Attacked By Black Racist in Tennessee

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:31 am
DID YOU WITNESS A SENIOR CITIZEN ATTACK AT HARDEE’S ON 04-29-2010?
On the morning of 29 April 2010, I took my wife and mother to the Fort Campbell BLVD Hardee’s at approximately 8:00 AM so that they could go inside to obtain sandwiches to go as we had to be at an awards ceremony that my daughter was to be a part of at 8:30 AM.
I remained with the family vehicle as I am diabetic and do not like going to fast food restaurants. A black extended cab BOYD lawn care truck pulling a lawn trailer pulled up and blocked not only myself but the parking of other senior citizens as well. A passenger got out and went into Hardee’s. The truck continued to block vehicles.
Seeing as my family was still inside Hardee’s, I got out of the family vehicle and stood by my vehicle so that they could see me upon exiting Hardee’s. I did not approach the Boyd truck at this time.
A male wearing a yellow CROSSING GUARD jacket and glasses exited Hardee’s and went over to the driver of the Boyd truck and began a conversation. Both men saw me standing by my vehicle and it was obvious that I was going to have to depart.
The men continued talking. At the point where my family exited Hardee’s I approached the truck, tapped twice on the window and motioned that I had to back out. At first the driver of the truck was all smiles but upon seeing that I am a white man he began a tirade of cursing which included, “Kiss my ass!” “White ************!” “Son of a bitch!” “Bastard!” All in public and in front of my family. I can only assume that at first he thought I was his co-worker bringing breakfast but upon seeing that it was a white man his racist character came out.
I grew up in Clarksville. I am retired military. I have worked as an armored truck crewman, corrections officer, extradition agent, and probation officer. Seeing as I never saw the driver’s face clearly up to this point I followed his truck as he moved it to see if perhaps he had been a client of mine in the past, to determine if he continued to be a threat to not only myself but to others, and to discuss his continued cursing of me in public.
The driver of the black truck moved his truck to a space between the bank and Hardee’s. As I continued approaching the black truck the “Crossing Guard” went to his white truck. Also as I continued approaching the black truck the driver continued cursing, stated that I should not have tapped on his truck (tapping on his window was OK though when he thought it was his co-worker bringing him a chicken sandwich), presented a knife and asked what I was going to do about it.
Upon presenting the knife I let the driver know that I too was armed. I legally carry a firearm for self-protection. I continued up to the vehicle to see if in fact I knew the driver or not. I did not know the driver. I informed him that he behaved in an inappropriate manner in not only blocking in others but also cursing me in public when all I did was tap on his window to ask him to move so I could get out.
The driver continued being belligerent. I had to be at my daughter’s school by 8:30 AM and decided to drop the matter as I did not recognize the driver and the only person he was being a threat to at that moment was me. I went back to the family vehicle and began backing out of the slot. My wife noticed the driver of the black truck and the “Crossing Guard” approaching on foot.
At this point I backed continuously out of the Hardee’s parking lot to where the semi-trucks park as I did not want to involve my family in what seemed to be the beginning of a race riot. I got onto Fort Campbell BLVD to go to the award ceremony.
The “Crossing Guard” chased my family vehicle, ran our vehicle off the road (I was lucky to exit into the BP parking lot near the Pizza Hut). He pulled up besides me and pointed a metallic object at me. I ducked and upon my beginning to open the door the driver of the white truck speed off.
I attempted to avoid further contact by driving through the neighborhood to KHS but have continued to be harassed since the initial incident by the driver of the black truck throwing garbage in my yard, driving by cursing, and other rude things.
As such, if anybody has witnessed any of the above incidents please contact the Clarksville Police Department or send a statement to my PO Box. Or if anyone has had similar run-ins with either of the above individuals please let me know as well. You can also assist by passing this on to others. People who act like this usually do so quite often, are violent, and a threat to others.
I request this as even though it was my family and I that were assaulted by the Boyd truck driver and the “Crossing Guard” I am the one accused (by them) of wrongdoing as they called the CPD on me prior to my being able to get out of my daughter’s awards ceremony to call CPD on them. As a result I am now the “suspect” and do not have faith that this incident will be properly investigated by CPD. My photo was taken and shown to the above. I was asked to do a statement. My family members were not asked to do statements. I wanted to press charges of assault against them but have evidently been preempted in doing so. A detective will be seeing me soon. I feel a detective should be seeing everybody that regularly goes to Hardee’s at 8:00 AM to see if they have either witnesses the above incident or similar incidents involving the above individuals.
For the record, I am not a racist. My spouse is Filipina, my daughter is Panamanian, I served in Special Forces 17 years, was an Army Sniper, and have successfully worked with countless people of varying race, creeds, and colors for decades.

SFC (RET) Raymond White
P. O. BOX 3325
Clarksville, TN 37043-3325

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:58 am
I am sorry you are going through this. It seems that if you had simply let the matter drop after he moved, the abuse might have stopped. You made yourself a target when you confronted the man.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 01:05 pm
1. He moved the truck as you requested. You had no reason to pursue anything after that.

2. When he "presented his knife" why did you continue to walk up to the vehicle to school him on how inappropriate his actions were rather than walking away?

3. You're not a racist yet you make assumptions such as "At first the driver of the truck was all smiles but upon seeing that I am a white man he began a tirade of cursing" and "I can only assume that at first he thought I was his co-worker bringing breakfast but upon seeing that it was a white man his racist character came out." and "as I did not want to involve my family in what seemed to be the beginning of a race riot."

4. You instigated most of what occurred.

5. Based on your recount of the incident, I would have called the police to report you too.

0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 01:28 pm
I love the name "Ray White".
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 01:48 pm
@Ray White,
Let's just go through the problems in this story (I am doing you a favor since you will have to get the story straight before your ass is dragged into court).

1) First, as any white person will tell you, people don't burst into tirades of cursing when white people approach. This is highly unbelievable. If the gentleman actually cursed at you, the chances are that you approached him in a rather aggressive manner in front of your family.

2) People don't pull out knives at people in front of Hardee's without provocation. Again it is simply unbelievable that this gentleman pulled a knife unless you were presenting an aggressive ass of yourself.

3) Race Riot? Really? The fact that you use this term is very interesting.

4) You were "ran off the road" by someone pointing somthing you thought was a weapon at you-- and you didn't call the police right then? Yeah right.

5) What does the fact your wife is Filipina and you daughter Panamanian (I am a bit curious about this-- previous marriage, or adoption?) have to do with whether you are racist or not?

A little advice-- you need to take responsibility for your actions. You should do what ever it takes to reach a legal settlement with these gentlemen before you lose in court.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:20 pm
I saw it all.

My letter is on it's way.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:24 pm
I didn't see anything, I was just on my way to the senior center for spaghetti dinner and bingo.
roger

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 08:05 pm
@dyslexia,
At least chai isn't afraid to get involved.
chai2

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 09:45 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

At least chai isn't afraid to get involved.

Well Roger, as you know, the only thing required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 10:18 pm
I don't understand the zeroes and threes on this thread. I will ignore them and work for a zero.

I don't like the thread title. It is presumptive and prejudicial, and, for all I know, racist.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:40 pm
@Ray White,
As a person who carry a firearm myself to show that firearm in a threatening manner and then to approach someone with it in the open in most states is a crime.

You have a right to defend yourself from a knife attack or even to show the firearm if you feel a need to do so to prevent a likely attack, you have a right to report the showing of a knife by dialing 911 but you do not have a right to have any future unneeded interactions with the man after that point. You get into your the damn car and lock the doors.

I once had a woman get into my face and threaten to kill me in fact she threaten to follow me home and kill me yelling at the top of her voice because I had tap her car with a shopping cart. I also had my at the time 84 year old mother with me.

I just calmly stood there watching to make sure no weapon appear out of her purse and allow her to blow off stream. At no time did she even know that my hand was on a 38 in my pocket.

Someone wave a knife I would watchfully retreat not go over to him to see his face better or for any other reason.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:45 pm
@BillRM,

what is this, ethics of gun pulling?
BillRM

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:03 am
@ossobuco,
You have a legal and in my opinion a moral duty as an arm citizen not to behave in manner that would tend to escalate a situation and could result in ending in unneeded deaths.

You do not pull out a firearm unless you feel that it is the only means of preventing a life threatening attack or dealing with a life threatening attack.

I have a perfect legal right to carry a firearm around with me 24/7 in public I do not have a right to wave that firearm around in most cases and to do so without great need is a crime in my state.

In fact I tend to be far more likely to enter into small scale conflicts with others when I am not carrying a lethal weapon such as a disagreement over a parking space then if I am arm.

When the gentleman in this story pull his gun he was declaring it a possible life and death situation and he needed to act in every way possible there after to scale down the situation not to increased it by approaching the truck.

At the very least his license to carry a firearm should be removed from him.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:21 am
@BillRM,
Perhaps you do have that right; while I somehow doubt it, no matter recent rulings, I'm no constitutional attorney. Still all the gun carrying is repulsive to me. You are actually talking about the ethics of gun carrying. I suppose that is good, in contrast to no one who is carrying a gun doing that.

Moral duty as an armed citizen? Cripes. Like the gangs, I prefer you aim at each other.
BillRM

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:38 am
@ossobuco,
So you are anti-gun, however I have the right to carry a conceal weapon under my state laws with a nice drive license type card stating so.

So constitutional issues one way or another is beside the point.

I am not a gang member and my wife is not a gang member and we both carry firearms and hundreds of thousands of others in my state are not gangs members either. To get that nice looking CC card you have to have a background check that show a clear criminal background nationwide.

It would be nice if there was no firearms even if I do enjoy target shooting but that is not the case, hell it would be nice if there was no weapons of any kind able to kill other humans.

I and my wife live in the real world however unlike you seem to do and when she is traveling by herself I am happy that if attacked she will have a good chance of surviving because not only is she arm but she is a good shot and very aware of her surroundings.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 01:24 am
@ossobuco,
Oh as a footnote Wikiped place the numbers of legally arm citizens in my state at 1.6 millions.

0 Replies