OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 02:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Julia Duffy wasn't Newhart's wife but the spoiled rich girl flibbertigibet.
She was an officer of the Fashion Police.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 03:07 pm

Accompanied by her boyfriend,
she patrolled the Mall a few times a week.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:50 pm
@joefromchicago,
From the state of terror this woman is in while buying the beer, I would say she is not the best wife ever but a wife protective of herself.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm scratching my head. Is this something you just thought of . . . did you mean to post it elsewhere?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
Or Mr. Spock's sex appeal . . . although as William Bell on Fringe, Leonard Nimoy is far from sexy. . . a little too evil to be sexy and more than a tad too old.

Besides, David is not logical and Mr. Spock always was.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:12 pm
@plainoldme,
Just so u know:
I answered those questions that were so important to u.

David
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:13 pm
Osso is, I believe, Italian. Italians are always Italian and I would not chose anyone but an Italian to represent Osso. If she shares Sylvia Poggioli's dulcet tones, I would not be surprised although Osso and Sylvia have different personalities.

Why David chose to insert this prank. . . although I strongly suspect he did it in part to insult me . . . here instead of starting a thread about it is odd.

I had to look up Julia Duffy and, as I never watched any show she was in, I will acknowledge that Chai is more Kathy Bates.

I look nothing like Phyllis Diller, nor do I dress or speak like her. When I was in college, I was likened exclusively to Leslie Caron. About a decade ago, at an event for the American Repertory Theatre at Harvard, someone approached and asked whether I was Diane Keaton. It was the hair and nothing else.

Now that I discovered who Michael Gross is . . . and unlike Julia Duffy, I did recognize his photo . . . I can not think of anyone more unlike Bear than Gross.

And although Squinney has a tomboyishness about her posts, I can not think of her and Jamie Lee Curtis in the same picture frame although I imagine that like Jamie, Squinney is tall and thin.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:16 pm
@plainoldme,
If you haven't been following Fringe . . . an homage (although I hate that affected word) to the X-Files, you can catch up with it on hulu and probably on netflix. The science is disgustingly hokey and repetitious but the relationships are fascinating and John Noble (Denithor from LOTR) is fantastic as the mad scientist Walter Bishop.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:40 pm
@plainoldme,
Hah, I'm not italian. I'm 15/16th irish, or something similar, re heritage, the other part welsh. I'm just italy besotted. That I would speak like Sylvia Poggioli or, say, my italian teacher, would be a dream. I speak like a stupid californian crucifying italian words.

Similarly, or maybe opposite, I don't think of POM as Diller, at all. I saw her photo some long time ago, and she is quite beautiful, and I know she is smart. As I told her in a pm, I remember she and I being very at odds at one point - but I forget about what.

I think, pom, you are more antagonistic than I am. But I do listen.
I think you care more about looks, and I'm guessing that is what I was growling about, long ago.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, you must be besotted with Italy! You write about it often. I was talking with a new friend, who is Italian, who told me that she is looking for a man but he must have children because her grown family is important to her as it is to all Italians. I told her to find a nice Italian widower . . . a good cook who will travel with her and take her to both their family's reunions.

You saw my photo? Was it taken at an abuzz gathering? Thank you for the complement.

Actually, I am on a mission to save the world from the right. If I sound antagonistic, perhaps, I do.

Most of what goes on in internet exchanges doesn't matter that much unless someone stalks you. We all lose our tempers with others from time to time. It is always best to say what we are thinking and then put it behind us.
squinney

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:09 pm
So, I'm assuming you didn't get a number for the vagrant with perfect teeth. (Interesting what we notice about about people, eh?)

Love people watching myself. Your description of the nervous wife led me to your same conclusion you had. Poor thing.

Sorry, David, I'm more of a young Valeri Bertenelli, gone wild with the rock star, and now transforming into a Kathy Bates if I have to use stars to describe my life. I'm way more feminine than tomboy. I'm told I say way too much with my eyes. I, like you, like brevity more and more, hence the straight forward Kathy Bates persona taking over after 40, although I don't think I'll ever be able to spell the way you do.

Would love to hear more about your patrons, POM. I love your descriptions. The young guy I would have made eye contact with him. Serious eye contact. He sounds like a poser. The young ones now days let words like that fly, but attach no meaning to them... unless you had a creepy McVeighish feeling that went along with it.
panzade

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:29 pm
First time I've seen the word "growler" ...ever.In print.
Our bluegrass group used to sing a song called "He Used To Rush The Growler". I believe the word dates back to the 19th century.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 08:00 pm
@squinney,
I think you are both feminine and probably well coordinated in a very competent and therefore somewhat tomboy way. It is the competence that Cathy Bates projects that made me agree that she would be a good comparison to you. i am very unco-ordinated. My biggest talent is walking into things. Seriously, I am always bruised!

I'm glad you like my descriptions. I get a kick out of describing things.

Actually, I did get a weird vibe from the guy. My coworker was straightening the cooler at the time and I was telepathically trying to contact him. I wanted a sane body in sight!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 08:01 pm
@panzade,
Wow! I never knew you were a blue grass guy. What do you play?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 08:14 pm
@plainoldme,
I agree. And what ever photo I saw was from the crones or abuzz.

I'll never speak for all italians. Better I should link people to

http://www.onlyinitaly.com/

I love these people, but, of course, I'm an outsider.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:43 am
@ossobuco,
I think this lady will only be happy with a nice Italian man. Someone who wears reading glasses all the time and listens with patience.

I would love to visit Italy, especially the eastern side and hike along the shore of the Adriatic. Sigh.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:44 am
@ossobuco,
Your link to the blog reminded me of my son's Latin teacher who goes to Italy every summer and speaks Latin with rolled r's and waving hands! That is just so funny!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:02 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Angela Lansbury isn't quirky enough to play Osso.
Angela Lansbury's thinking and method of communication
are too linear and practical and Osso's is more free-ranging and creative.
It woud not occur to me to accuse Osso of being "quirky"; Y ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:10 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

Love people watching myself.
Your description of the nervous wife led me to your same conclusion you had. Poor thing.

Sorry, David, I'm more of a young Valeri Bertenelli, gone wild with the rock star,
I guess u really DID, right ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:30 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
First time I've seen the word "growler" ...ever.In print.
Our bluegrass group used to sing a song called "He Used To Rush The Growler".
I believe the word dates back to the 19th century.
I 've never heard that word b4; what does it mean??

David

1. Forums
  2. » Three Men
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:49:19