does a wild bear **** in the woods?

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:25 pm
Princess Summerfallwinterspring was my first girlfriend. I liked
Linda Holman who lived two houses down Newman Street, but I was in love with Princess Summerfallwinterspring.
==
If you are going out into the woods and you think there are brown bears and grizzly bears nearby, you should always carry pepper spray and wear small bells on your sneakers to alert any bears of your approach.
Learn to recognize the difference between brown bear scat and grizzly bear scat. Brown bear scat is comprised of small round grape sized feces. It has a strong smell. Grizzly bear scat is much larger. It usually smells like pepper spray and has little bells in it.
===
Joe(I broke it off with Carol when I was six. I couldn't be untrue)Nation
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 04:29 pm
THe theme of DOODY persists unbroken .

I never knew that Buffalo Bob was actually like, from Buffalo. They had him in buckskins so we always assumed he was some kind of cowboy. Fuckin bastard
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:21 pm
I knew a guy told me he sat in the peanut gallery. He was muchly disillusioned to see the puppet getting manipulated and not speaking for itself. I patted his wrist. "There, there," I said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never seen a bear in the wild. I don't know that they don't hold it until they make the porta potty.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
does a wild bear **** in the woods?

The one that ate my bird feeder did. It also marked the area and scratched-up a nearby tree in it's unbridled enthusiasm for mauling my poor bird feeder (may it rest in pieces).
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:42 pm
@rosborne979,
ahhhhh, finally. Some Data.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:52 pm
Puppeteer Frank Paris was given the job of creating Howdy, and the figure he came up with bore little resemblance to the freckle-faced boy we all know today. However, that Howdy was only on the show for a few weeks. Frank became involved in a contractual dispute with the network and left the show, taking the first Howdy with him.

Months later, a new Howdy appeared, designed by two artists, Margo and Rufus Rose who'd worked at Walt Disney Studios. (Jennifer, a puppet artist, met Margo. She remembers Margo talking about Howdy Doody but not about working for Disney. If anyone knows for sure please let me know) It was 1948, an election year, and Howdy was running for "President of All the Boys and Girls". When some kids asked about his altered appearance it was explained that he'd undergone "plastic surgery".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:07 pm
This is the Howdy Doody button I got in 1947 or 1948, showing Howdy’s original appearance. The original marionette was designed and owned by Frank Paris who operated the puppet on the show. After 6 months there was a contract dispute between Paris and NBC, and Paris left the show with the puppet. Smith’s lawyer said the puppet could not be replaced with a look-alike, although Smith did own the rights to the puppet’s name. The next day the show opened with Howdy’s head swathed in bandages. Bob Smith explained to the TV audience that Howdy was having his face lifted and in a few weeks the bandages would be removed. This gave Smith time to have a new puppet designed by a former Walt Disney artist. In March 1948 the bandages came off and the new Howdy was revealed to the world as an all-American boy with red hair and 48 freckles " one freckle for each state of the union. I am sure you and your Knickerbocker Village blogsters will enjoy this bit of old-time trivia that hardly anyone seems to remember.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/edgarblythe/howdydoody.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:10 pm
http://knickerbockervillage.blogspot.com/2009/07/original-howdy-doody.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
o ,it woulda been cool if they could have worked in the fact that Doody was in the witness protection program for having seen Lucky Luciano get it at a barber shop.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:17 pm
If only Thunderthud had been a bear in the woods.
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wayne Thunderthud?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:41 pm
I only know the chief.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:50 pm
I've killed the thread, haven't I?
Well, I know it's bears **** in the woods and popes that are Catholic.
farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
This thread woulda died anyway. Its eyes were too far apart.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 12:49 am
I'm assuming that a bear will **** wherever it damned well pleases. If the bear is in the woods, then that's where the bear will ****. If the bear ain't in the woods, then that particular bear will not be shitting in the woods.
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 02:49 am
@Roberta,
I only know of A Chicago bear who has shat in a bar.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 04:49 am
@farmerman,
I figure a bear must surely **** in the woods, given that it hangs around in the woods ...

I mean, where else would it do it?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 04:50 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I figure a bear must surely **** in the woods, given that it hangs around in the woods ...

I mean, where else would it do it?

Surely not in the pic-a-nic baskets?
msolga

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 04:53 am
@edgarblythe,
But that would still be in the woods, right, edgar?

But in a basket in the woods!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 06:17 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm assuming that a bear will **** wherever it damned well pleases. If the bear is in the woods, then that's where the bear will ****. If the bear ain't in the woods, then that particular bear will not be shitting in the woods.

She knows from bears.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 01:47:04