Hidden Object Games

Roberta

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 12:04 am
When I was recovering from brain surgery, I was a bit fuzzy mentally, but I was also bored. Couldn't read. Couldn't work. Couldn't pay much attention to tv. Couldn't play word games.

In desperation I turned to hidden object games. They helped. Kept me focused (when I could focus my eyes). Kept my attention.

I became addicted.

Anybody else play these games? Which ones? What sites? I'm always on the lookout for something new as long as it meets my requirements.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 6,073 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 02:07 am
@Roberta,
No. I never find nothing. I never figure out magic tricks, either. Maybe that's why they use words like 'hidden' and 'magic'.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 03:47 am
@Roberta,
The only ones I'm familiar with are at Shockwave.com.

They have a veritable bunch of hidden object games.

Just curious, do photogames where you try and find the differences between the photograph also count as hidden objects games? I play those as well but invariably lose to impatience and have to hit the hint button for the last one or two differences.
Roberta

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:05 am
@tsarstepan,
tsar, The games where you have to find the differences are find the differences games. Not officially hidden object games.

I play them too, but not so much.
tsarstepan

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:13 am
@Roberta,
There are still a lot of hidden object games at shockwave.com:
http://www.shockwave.com/online/hidden-object-games.jsp
But they tend to be downloadable games and I'm weary about the possible spyware from some of the programmers submitting to shockwave in that department.

These hidden object games tend to have unnecessary minigames like fill and build aquariums that I wish they didn't include.
Roberta

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 11:28 am
@tsarstepan,
I download all the games and take my chances. For one thing, the screen is bigger with downloads.

Lots of hidden object games contain other games. Annoying. Don't know why they do that. I guess they think they're making the game more interesting or attractive. What they fail to consider is that people are playing the game because they want to play a hidden object game, not some other throwaway game.
Butrflynet

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 11:45 am
@Roberta,
Big Fish Games has dozens of these types of games, both for playing online for free and to download a demo version for purchase after an hour of play.

I think I remember you once saying that you already play there, but in case I'm remembering incorrectly, here's a link to their hidden object category of games.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/15/hidden-object.html

If you still play there and want to hook up, let me know and I'll PM you my user name there.

I've purchased a few of the games and still play them repeatedly to try and improve my completion times. I like the Hidden Expedition and Hidden Mystery Game ones the best. They're still enjoyable no matter how many times you play them. Some of the others ... not so much.
Butrflynet

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 11:51 am
@Butrflynet,
You might also like a game there called "A Series of Unfortunate Events." It's a good brain exercise game that combines a hidden object game with a logic puzzle.

Here's a link to it if it interests you:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5/aseriesofunfortuna/index.html
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 11:55 am
@Roberta,
http://www.scholastic.com/ispy/games/index.htm
0 Replies

Roberta

Tue 20 Apr, 2010 04:04 am
butrflynet, Yes, I go to BigFish games. I've played all the hidden object games, and I go back frequently to see if anything is new. I don't have a user name. I won't pay for anything.

Drewdad, Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
0 Replies