Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:27 am
Just got off the phone with my HR person at Bellevue. She's sending me a photo of me and Walt Frazier talking.

She also mentioned that a reporter for the Wall Street Journal is doing a story on people who lost their insurance and became patients at city hospitals like Bellevue. My HR person has recommended that I be interviewed.

Hey, lady. Where's the damned picture already!
dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:12 am
@Roberta,
Famous!!!!!! Most skilled and famous kvetcher in the world!!!!!

And she's OURS!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 11:29 am
@Roberta,
Picture! picture! picture!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 12:18 pm
I didn't get the picture yet. (Patience is not one of my virtues.)

Not famous yet. The reporter didn't call yet. Who knows. Maybe I'll get the call when I'm having my brain gammafied. (Optimism is not one of my virtues.)

Diane

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:49 pm
@Roberta,
Raboida, I haven't been this excited in years! You were meant to do this. If anyone can kvetch articulately, you can.

I can imagine tsarstepan's quote being changed to, "Allright, Mr. De Mille, enough! Get outta my face."

Your HR person will soon become your agent and you will be on SNL and the Daily Show. I can just see you and John Stewart kvetching together.

And Walt Frazier...yummm...Did he ask for your number or was he too intimidated?

Love you, star goil. Congratulations.
Roberta

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:03 am
@Diane,
I was meant to do this? How come I wasn't meant to do something they actually pay you for. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.

Did I ever tell you about the time somebody was bothering me on the subway platform? I looked lovely, if I say so myself. But this guy wouldn't leave me alone until I said, "Beat it, buster, or you'll end up on the tracks." He beat it. Mr. DeMille would be lucky if I only told him to get outta my face.

Don't count on the HR person to be working for me any time soon. However, I might be working for her. She's had an amazing and interesting life. She wants to write two books. I may help her.

Walt did not ask for my number, but I don't think it was a matter of intimidation.

Love you too. Don't see enough of you.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:58 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Just got off the phone with my HR person at Bellevue. She's sending me a photo of me and Walt Frazier talking.

She also mentioned that a reporter for the Wall Street Journal is doing a story on people who lost their insurance and became patients at city hospitals like Bellevue. My HR person has recommended that I be interviewed.

I always knew you'd be famous one day!

I think Bellevue should hire you as a PR person, Roberta. You're doing such an excellent job. Smile

(Yes, I know they're short of cash & that's the point.)

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 01:11 pm
Just got a call. Someone from the Wall Street Journal might interview me for an article about the new poor. C'est moi. (I just got off the phone with the landlord to report that I can't pay the rent. That's poor.)

I think I would enjoy it. Not sure if it will happen. I'll keep you guys posted.
Diane

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 07:24 pm
@Roberta,
Boida, I'll bet you don't feel like the new poor. Hell, you've been poor for a long time now. But I know what they're after and you would be the best person for the interview.
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 01:18 pm
@Diane,
I've gotten three phone calls asking me if the reporter called me yet. I responded three times that I would let them know when she calls. It looks like this is going to happen.

I'll keep ya posted.
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 02:42 pm
@Roberta,
Just got off the phone with the reporter. I had fun. Did a fair amount of kvetching.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Press Conference
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:47:19