jespah

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 04:42 am
@CalamityJane,
W00p!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 02:31 pm
Just got off the phone with my PR person at Bellevue. There will be 12 speakers. I'm speaking third--for one minute. So I guess I'm kinda gonna make a little speech. Who I am, my connection with Bellevue, and not to take money away. I have a fair idea what I'm gonna say.

Then I find out that the PR person is meeting with Walt Frazier (former Knicks basketball player) before the press conference. I had such a crush on that man that when she told me she was meeting with him, I went a little nuts. Now I'm gonna meet him too.

Have to remind myself not to be sidetracked by Walt. Keep my head clear. Not gonna over think what I'm gonna say.

The only potential problem I see is getting me to shut up after only one minute.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 02:34 pm
@Roberta,
Wait til Walt gets aloada you Cool

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 02:41 pm
@Roberta,
Swoon. You'll be dishin' and swishin'.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 02:43 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Of course, there's a chance that I'll say something I shouldn't. Wouldn't be the first time.

I don't know whether the conference will end up on the news. I guess it depends on what else happens that day.

Congrats, oh infamous kvetcher!!! Hey, if you say something wildly fascinating, you may be picked up by You Tube..........................or even Oprah. You go girl! Very Happy
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 02:44 pm
@jespah,

don't forget to call him clyde...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 03:05 pm
@Roberta,
Here's some goodies to get your juices flowing for tomorrow:

http://dallaspenn.com/pics/albums/album02/0_WaltFrazierCLR.jpg

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0504/nba_g_frazier_268.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/history.october15/images/005505786.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/i/editorial/2006/0426/photo/nyknicks_walt_frazier_157.jpg

That's a handsome dude.
Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:42 pm
I pressed and I conferenced.

I was the only patient among the group that spoke. A bit of a surprise to me. I was introduced as the most important person there. Smile

I was interviewed by a couple of reporters afterwards. The conference was taped by NY1.

Several people came up to me to thank me or to introduce themselves.

I met Walt Frazier. Mr. Green He's holding up well.

I enjoyed the whole thing from start to finish. Very Happy

Now I'm gonna go look for me on tv.
mismi

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:45 pm
@Roberta,
That is so great Roberta! It is not surprising to me at all that they asked you. Glad you are pleased! ((Roberta))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 01:47 pm
@Roberta,
Woo!!!!

Hope you find you and that we can then find you too.

Glad you didn't bleed all over Walt.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 02:09 pm
@Roberta,
woot woot woot!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 02:40 pm
@Butrflynet,
Dayum.

Boida, can I have your autograph?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 04:49 pm
I love this sentence -
"deb, My kind of raw kvetching talent can't be hidden forever. Watch out woild. The kvetch queen is about to be televised."

I'm starting to think you might do some writing...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:15 pm
Well, I did some checking around. Can't find a damned thing about the press conference. C'est la vie.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:23 pm
@Roberta,
Neither can I. Can you give me a few more details? Where was it held and who was the primary host of it?

I'm assuming it was at Bellevue and the PR department was the host. Anything different?

Couldn't find anything about Bellevue at all on NY1.com today, just St. Vincent.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:56 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I pressed and I conferenced.

I was the only patient among the group that spoke. A bit of a surprise to me. I was introduced as the most important person there. Smile

Of course you were the most important person! Very Happy

Good on you, Roberta!

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:01 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta? Now you have a taste for public speaking, when will you be declaring your run for mayor or city council?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 06:36 pm
I missed this thread. Congratulations. I know you are proud, as you well should be.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:13 pm
I saw me! I saw me! NY 1 ran some stuff in conjunction with the St. Vincent's closing.

Let me start at the beginning. Everyone who was supposed to speak or who was a VIP was standing at the front of the group in a line for the entire conference. I was fourth to speak. This kid is not gonna stand there for an hour or however long it was, so after I spoke, I sat down. Therefore I was the only person sitting in the front row.

One of the speakers asked everyone to stand. I did. He was on TV, and you can see me stand up--all alone in the front row. No, my remarks did not turn up on the tube. Fine by me.

butrflynet, I doubt that you'll find anything on Bellevue. I couldn't find anything at all on the press conference today at Bellevue. Try St. Vincent's.

olga, I was the most important one because I was the only patient. Isn't the patient the whole pernt?

tsar, I've spoken in public in the past, but this was the first time there were TV cameras. And my days in politics are OVER! I held political office in the Bronx when I was a youth.

edgar, Proud to participate in something I think is important.
Thomas

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 10:32 pm
@Roberta,
So glad it went well!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Press Conference
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:53:29