Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:17 am
What can you say here on A2K that would get you a punch in the face in any bar? And why do you still say it?

Joe(Oh, do I amuse you?)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 3,300 • Replies: 44
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:19 am
@Joe Nation,
1) Questioning Atheism.

2) I question everything.

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:25 am
@Joe Nation,
The problem with bars is that the people you meet there may be influenced by alcohol and therefore more likely to use bad judgement.
panzade

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:28 am
@wandeljw,
That seems to be true about A2K, sometimes.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:32 am
@wandeljw,
Yes, they may be influenced by alcohol to be very less likely to put up with bullshit.

ep: hate to tell this but I don't see many of my atheist friends throwing the first punch, do you?

Joe(unless someone was trying to perform a baptism with a beer.)Nation
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:37 am
"You build an edifice of obscurity with the materials of confusion"

That would merit at least a slap, I reckon.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:09 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Yes, they may be influenced by alcohol to be very less likely to put up with bullshit.

ep: hate to tell this but I don't see many of my atheist friends throwing the first punch, do you?

Joe(unless someone was trying to perform a baptism with a beer.)Nation

Everyone's behavior is unpredictable when alcohol is involved. Also, being unable to properly articulate a response, people may resort to violence.

My only criticism is that bar behavior is not a good standard in judging what people should say or should not say.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:10 am
Well, you're an ass, an asswipe, a moron, a dipshit, a **** for brains and a registered twit.

And we'll expand the area to include your favorite Starbucks, park bench and shopping mall food court. No booze, okay?

Joe(Oh, yeah?)Nation
wandeljw

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:13 am
@Joe Nation,
You are responding to joefromchicago, Mr. Nation? Smile
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:15 am
Both of you, dimwits.

Joe(I don't know if I'm making my point.)Nation Yes, I do.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:16 am
Joe Nation wrote:
And we'll expand the area to include your favorite Starbucks, park bench and shopping mall food court. No booze, okay?

I am agreeable to this modification of your original position.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:23 am
i have always been a smart ass, in my youth i was almost always able to talk my way out a punch in the mouth (almost)

now i try my best to avoid environments where such things might happen

i'm not above vocalizing my displeasure if i'm out and about, say at the grocery store and i've run into the same kid who's running around unsupervised while his parent(s) are other wise engaged (usually on the phone, talking or texting), i'll usually say something in passing like, "hey, don't worry about me or your kid who i almost kneed in the face for the third time as i tried to walk down the aisle, you just keep on looking out for your own interests"

most just give me a dirty look or a puzzled look
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:33 am
@djjd62,
I usually "converse" with the public address system. So, a message will come over the PA system, something to the effect of: "Hurry to the Deli department shoppers, you won't believe the specials we have today!" So i'll say: "How do you know what i'll believe, are you sayin' i'm credulous ? ! ? ! ?"

Since most shoppers don't pay the least attention to the PA, when they hear me talking, apparently to no one, in such a manner, their eyes get really big, and they get out of the way, dragging their little yard apes with 'em.

I never have those kinds of problems when i'm in a store.
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:39 am
@Setanta,
ha, i do that

PA " (employee name) to customer service (or elsewhere)"

Me "I'll be right there"

anyone around me, noticing i'm not dressed as an employee, look confused, even more confused when the employee name is female
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 10:53 am
@djjd62,
Once, when i was a university employee, i went into a super market immediately after work, and was still wearing an oxford shirt and a tie, and an old woman came up, and in a very irritating manner began to pluck at my sleeve, pinch me and demand some kind of service in a querulous tone. I already had everything i wanted to buy, so i began shouting at her. "I'm sick of this, i don't get paid enough to put up with this bullshit from every crank who comes in the store! Get away from me! Don't touch me! I've had it . . . i'm outta here!"

I then walked calmly up to the check out lanes. While i was waiting, i got that feeling you get when someone is looking at you, and i glanced to my right, where the service counter was located, and saw a woman whispering to the manager. She blushed when i looked her way, and the manager gazed at me with a perplexed expression, then turned to her and said: "But Ma'am, he doesn't work here."

I really enjoyed that one, but haven't had the opportunity to use that material again.
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 11:02 am
@Setanta,
love it, gotta store that one in the memory bank
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 11:28 am
How about a boot to the head?

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 11:49 am
@joefromchicago,
classic, the kind of will i'd love to write if i had anything to leave to people
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:04 pm
Is this a stag party, Joe<no women allowed> Nation? I've seen women get in cat fights in a bar. I'm like dj. When I was little, I learned to run; as I got older, I talked my way out of fighting.

Letty most assuredly doesn't want to get off topic where Pat Robinson is concerned or she'll get a zero.

Did I see JoefromChicago say "reckon" You ever been to Virginia, buddy?

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:32 pm
@Setanta,
These days, Setanta,and especially in this city you wouldn't stand out at all. Everybody in every aisle is talking out loud, either to their BORG mounted headset or (how droll) what appears to be some kind of medallion adhered to a wire leading to their left ear. They all seem to be having very earnest conversations about something really important which is why they do not have an answer for the police when asked why they thought the man had kneed their five year old in the head.

Letty, you are most welcome interact here ....with the rest of the dweebs.
==============================
A Scene in Starbucks I can imagine coming to blows:

Man at the condiment counter is pouring a huge amount of half and half in his Grande.
Large Man in Suitcoat and Tie says: "Hey, save a little for the rest of us."
Man says " Looks to me like you've already sucked down your share and more, lard ass."
----
We avert our eyes.
--------
Joe(bet he didn't think he'd be wearing that Grande home.)Nation