Does my dog know more than I do about Easter?

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 04:18 pm
My oldest dog greeted the sunrise this morning with quiet woofs. He was outside laying on a small wooden bridge in my back yard, and I was sitting at my desk drinking coffee and thinking about the day ahead. Then I noticed the sky starting to lighten up; an orange yellow streak appeared on the horizon. And I noticed his woofs. And I wondered, on this morning that celebrates the resurrection, was he seeing his old friends who had already crossed the rainbow bridge?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,445 • Replies: 8
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 07:13 pm
@Always Eleven to him,
I do know that dogs remember the dead. My male Kuvasz Abba was raised by my elder female Kuvasz Kodi, who dotted on him like a mother. Last year and three since Kodi's death, I played back a video on my computer that contained a segment of Kodi barking. When Abba, laying next to my chair heard the sound of Kodi barking he went frantic for the first time in his laid back life. He was so anxious upon hearing her bark it broke my heart to see it and recognize the play of fond memories and anticipation of seeing his foster mom again.

They remember.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:27 am
@Always Eleven to him,
Yes - I'd venture to guess he did.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:10 am
I totally agree. Yesterday morning I woke up to watching my dog lick his balls/butt and then proceed to try to lick my face.

He definitely knows something about Easter that I don't know.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:46 am
@maporsche,
What I want to know is how the dogs know in what years Easter comes earlier. How did they know to be on the lookout for their old pals yesterday and not a couple weeks from now?
Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
My daughter claims she her the dog bark at the Easter bunny - I am assuming the arrival of the Easter bunny is what clues them in.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:33 pm

From my consistent experience with them,
I m pretty sure that thay r telepathic.
Its hard to identify what thay know; pussycats, too.

David
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:58 pm
Rainbow bridge?

Is your dog gay, like Sparky in South Park?

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:43 pm
@Butrflynet,
Good question.

This morning my dog was staring out the open window (welcome Spring), apparently talking to god and imagining running with his long lost ancestors.........then I saw breakfest sausage our neighbor's were grilling on their patio that my dog was staring at, and I realized for the first time that GOD is part of that breakfest sausage and my dog is truly spiritual and is probably the model of behavior that I should emulate. My dog was so moved by the power of our lord that he couldn't even control his saliva; it was dripping onto my leg.

My dog is my spirtual coach, and there is much I can learn from him.
0 Replies