The Official a2k Virtual Red Sox Luxury Box is Now Open!

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 08:52 am
@Ragman,
I didn't really get interested in the Astros until the current owner took over. His early moves were not apparent to me and I complained he was just taking the money. Somebody told me to just wait. His was a ground up strategy to make it a long time winner. Three World Series in the past five years shows he was on to something.
Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 07:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Interesting when baseball owners cab build a team like that and yield success so quickly. I used to think it was either random success or based on a ‘bloated buying spree’ approach.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 08:26 pm
@Ragman,
He didn't do the bloated buying spree thing because he saw that as a way to shoot to the top for a season and then fall back.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 08:12 am

this is a very sad day in red sawx nation...
RIP RemDawg

Red Sox broadcaster, former player Jerry Remy has died
(source)
Ragman

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 10:36 am
@Region Philbis,
That sucks! May he RIP. 😞 He fought hard.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 08:31 am
@Region Philbis,
Oh my gosh - I loved when he and Don Orsillo used to broadcast with each other. Even during more boring games - they would do some crazy antics that would have you laughing - often times the broadcasting was much more fun and entertaining than the game.

I was very sad when Orsillo was let go - even more sad now that we don't have the RemDog.
Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 09:12 am
@Linkat,
https://able2know.org/topic/94916-1

Found something from 2007
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 05:17 am

Big Papi inducted to the HoF on the first ballot last night, deservedly so...
Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 06:56 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Big Papi inducted to the HoF on the first ballot last night, deservedly so...

Agree I am so happy for him and red Sox nation.

I remember vividly going to one of his charity hitting clinics with my daughter when she was about 8. Big Papi made sure he spent time with each of the kids. Even though it went longer as a result. You could just tell he loved being around the kids.
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 08:12 am
@Linkat,
What the f*?! So a drug lord had a hit out on ortiz because he felt that Ortiz disrespected him? On the radio - they were joking on this saying what is it with these drug kings - they are so sensitive that their feelings get hurt so easily with this "disrespect" thing - that they need to put a hit on someone when their feelings get hurt. I am thinking you guys better shut up - this drug king will put a hit on you....

"A Dominican drug trafficker who was jealous of David Ortiz and felt disrespected by him had him shot at a Dominican nightclub in 2019, according to private investigators the Red Sox slugger hired to look into the attack that nearly killed him."

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2022/03/20/private-investigator-says-drug-kingpin-targeted-david-ortiz/?p1=hp_featurestack
0 Replies

Alex0003

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2022 09:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Wow, very nice photo
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2022 06:34 pm

finally, something red sox related to cheer about in this otherwise meh season...

#BigPapiHOF
Ragman

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2022 03:40 pm
@Region Philbis,

They don’t make them like Big Papi anymore!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2022 06:44 pm
@Ragman,

speakin' of which...

Dominican court convicts 10 of 13 accused in 2019 attack on David Ortiz
(espn)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 11:02 am
Singing…”Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead” to the firing today of RS General Manager, Bloom who single-handedly dismantled the Sawx as a contendah.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 11:17 am
@Ragman,

Cora's next, i figure...
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 11:18 am
@Region Philbis,
How many games left in the season? Just curious to see if they stay at least above .500. A small if useless victory for a pained season.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 11:22 am
@tsarstepan,

seventeen, if they manage to play every game.

rain has been a constant up heeyah this summah...

https://iili.io/JHRmiGa.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 11:26 am
@Region Philbis,
I think it's way more important that they now don't fall to last place. Below the damn Yankees. I looked at the standings a minute after posting my above reply and tasted bile seeing that they're both tied for last. Mad
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2023 11:29 am
@tsarstepan,

the only caveat is they are in the toughest division, and have been above .500 for most of the year...
0 Replies