The Official a2k Virtual Red Sox Luxury Box is Now Open!

lmur

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 07:48 am
@Region Philbis,
Congrats Red Sox.

Do they now go on to play in the Inter-Galactics?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 07:51 am
@lmur,
The next big tourney is the Interdimensionals Series Championships. For some reason, MLB teams don't qualify for the Inter-Galactics. I blame Trump directly for that counter-American reaction to exclude all Earth teams.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 01:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
I believe it is fault of George Lucas, for not incorporating it into any of the Star Wars films.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 02:10 pm
@Sturgis,
At least they don't have to compete in the Naboo Baseball League.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 10:44 am
@Ragman,

https://i.imgur.com/roPLIvu.jpg

(from yesterday's globe)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 07:32 am

the scene on tremont street yesterday...

https://i.imgur.com/EYDXTa6.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 08:07 am

https://i.imgur.com/xy0r05I.jpg
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 10:45 am
@Region Philbis,
Jeez, isn't the foliage change awfully late there?
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 10:50 am
@Ragman,

yup...
Ragman

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 11:01 am
@Region Philbis,
in NY- mid-Hudson valley nr Catskills area the foliage wasn't much as it didn't seem to come at all.... Went from yellow ..then brown. that was around Oct 8, which should've been heading towards peak.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 11:42 am
@Ragman,

taken today, near south station...

http://i64.tinypic.com/295qrz4.jpg
Ragman

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 12:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
Tnx for sharing. I could tell things were late foliage by the looks of the outside landscaping at the studios in ESPN broadcasts in Bristol CT. Seems like the season is about 3 weeks late.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 12:02 pm

world series hero | free agent Eovaldi inks 4-year deal to stay put...
Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 03:10 pm
@Region Philbis,
whew!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 07:22 am

Shocked

Quote:
David Ortiz shot at Dominican Republic bar

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz was hospitalized
Monday following surgery for a gunshot wound after being ambushed by a man in a bar in his native
Dominican Republic, authorities said.

Dominican National Police Director Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte said Ortiz was at the Dial Bar and
Lounge in Santo Domingo around 8:50 p.m. Sunday when a gunman approached from behind and shot
him at close range. Ortiz was taken to the Abel Gonzalez clinic, where he underwent surgery, and his
condition was stable, Bautista said.

Ortiz’s father, Leo, speaking to reporters outside the clinic, said his son was out of danger and there
wasn’t any collateral damage, meaning no damage to major organs. He said he had no idea why someone
would have shot at his son.

‘‘He is out of surgery and stable; he is resting,’’ Leo Ortiz said. ‘‘Big Papi will be around for a long time.’’

The alleged gunman was captured and beaten by a crowd of people at the bar, Bautista said. He said
police are waiting until the man undergoes treatment for his injuries before questioning him.

Investigators are trying to determine whether Ortiz was the intended target, Bautista said.

Two other people were wounded, Bautista said, including Jhoel López, a Dominican TV host who was
with Ortiz. Bautista said police believe López was wounded by the same bullet.
(source)
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 08:18 am
@Region Philbis,
I couldn't believe it when I read it.

Who would want to hurt big Papi! He is like a hero there and he gives so much to that country.

I have a great picture of my oldest daughter (now 20) when she was about 9 with Big Papi. She went to one of his hitting clinics - it was to raise money for some of his charities that he supports including helping local kids and kids in the DR. She had on a nice pink shirt with a I <shape of heart> Papi. And Big Papi is standing right behind her bending down so his face is right above hers both with huge grins on their faces. It was a priceless moment. He even remembered her name in the Q&A session at the end - he said her name when she raised her hand to ask a question - the shirt got his attention as he said --- Nice shirt..

You could tell he really loved the kids - he seemed be having a good time with them.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 09:05 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Who would want to hurt big Papi! He is like a hero there and he gives so much to that country.

The same type of person who tries to drop kick Arnold Schwarzenegger in the back for what is no apparent reason but to get some kind of notoriety ... I guess.
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 04:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
So I just heard on the radio in the car that one thing they are considering is it is hit on David Ortiz. It isn't robbery like first suspected.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:07 am

the struggling sawx came into thursday's game trailing the NYY by eleven games, but for
one night they imposed their will on their ancient rivals in a laugher of a beat-down...

https://i.imgur.com/HPgIlX9.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:09 am
Quote:
The Broken Case of David Ortiz

He might be the most beloved—and famous—person in the Dominican Republic. So why would someone shoot David Ortiz? And how
could it be mistaken identity, as police have said? A visit to the island yielded few answers—but raised plenty more questions