The Official a2k Virtual Red Sox Luxury Box is Now Open!

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:29 am
@Roberta,
You must be the queen of schadenfreude to drop that smiley face in this Red Sox thread you lilly livered Yankees fan! Mad

As a self appointed Ambassador of the Red Sox Nation in the city of Gotham, I will react accordingly:
http://i56.tinypic.com/1gtaxl.gif

Wink
Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:33 am
@tsarstepan,
I've been reading all the nasty snide envious remarks all steenkin' season. Sick of it.

You're out of it. Good luck next season.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 05:42 pm
so there!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 11:23 am
For anyone looking for a little baseball diversion, here's Jon Carroll re San Francisco in the time of baseball fervor -

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/05/DD931FO35S.DTL
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:25 pm
I'm out of it. We're all out of it. Good luck to us all next season.

Sigh. Sad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 03:20 pm

the sawx will need a new pitching coach for 2011.
john farrell was hired to manage the tranna blue jays.

i think this is a good move -- sawx pitching didn't live up to the hype this year, so a new voice might help to shake things up a bit...
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 03:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
Where do I send in my resume? I'll do it for $50,000.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 08:58 am
Saw Vartek the other night at dinner. He walked in right after us. I had to point him out to hubby - I knew him the minute I saw him.

He was with some guy and a blond chick. Odd they ended up being seated in a booth and the two guys sat next to each other.

I am so important that we were seated before V-tech.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 10:20 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
and a blond chick.
not heidi watney?
she's hotney...

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 10:32 am
@Linkat,
Not only is Jason Varitekiy the captain of the Red Sox, he's the captain of the entire Red Sox Nation. It would be bad moral judgement and might induce a mutiny if the captain took the table before his enlisted men and women.
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 10:48 am
@Region Philbis,
Nope not Heidi - I'd know her as well. I'm a woman and I do agree she is a hottie.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 10:50 am
@tsarstepan,
Yeah - agreed- I had taken my husband out for his birthday.

I told my daughter about Jason coming in and then I told her that he was going to take our table - I had requested a good table when I made a reservation - I walked up to him and told him no way. It is hubby's birthday and I don't care who you are, you cannot have our table - so she says what did he say - I said he just got up and let us have it....Her - really? Nahh, just pulling your leg.

She was not happy with me.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 03:20 pm

big papi will be back for (at least) one more go-around next year...
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 08:30 pm
@Region Philbis,
12.5 million is nothing to sneeze at.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 03:20 am
@tsarstepan,

true datt.
he wanted a multi-year deal, but wasn't going to get that much per.
as it is, he should be the highest paid DH next year...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 12:35 pm

say it ain't so, veek-tor!

Confused
Quote:
Reports: Martinez to Tigers

Free-agent catcher Victor Martinez is bolting the Boston Red Sox to sign with the Detroit Tigers, according to multiple media reports on Tuesday.

Two weeks ago, Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein expressed his strong interest in re-signing Martinez and third baseman Adrian Beltre. But he acknowledged competition for the players.

"It always comes down to dollars and years," Epstein said.

Martinez will receive a four-year deal for $50 million, according to Venezuelan reporter Ignacio Serrano of El Nacional, who first reported the agreement. The Associated Press reported that the deal is pending the results of a physical. Martinez made $7.7 million last season.

The Red Sox offered Martinez a choice of a three-year, $36 million deal or a four-year contract for $42 million, according to a major league source. The source said the Red Sox had not been informed of Martinez's decision, but the team was not surprised to hear that he would play elsewhere.
(espn)
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
Good News!!
Quote:
Red Sox sit down with Crawford
By Ian Browne / MLB.com | 12/01/10 10:39 PM EST
The Red Sox have met with free agent outfielder Carl Crawford, a baseball official told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The club has yet to confirm the meeting and initial efforts to reach Brian Peters, Crawford's top representative, have been unsuccessful.

The meeting was originally reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports. Brown tweeted that according to a Red Sox source, the club is serious about Crawford and has been in Houston to meet with both the outfielder and his representatives.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101201&content_id=16238100&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos&partnerId=rss_bos
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 04:30 am
@tsarstepan,

he will get 'tawp dawllah' wherever he winds up playing...
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 06:41 pm
@Region Philbis,
Varitek on for one more year at $2 million.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101202&content_id=16242100&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos&partnerId=rss_bos
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 06:42 pm
@tsarstepan,

capitan!
0 Replies