Lost Friends

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:48 pm
@plainoldme,
Ty, fairness and respect have always ruled my life, so it's all reciprocal.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:42 am
@2PacksAday,
Look for the name of your school on Facebook and, if you can stand to go there, classmates.com.

My high school closed in the mid 1970's and the only way I have been able to catch up with peers and teachers was through both of those methods.

The school has a page on classmates.com and most of the alumni from the many years it was open have formed a group on Facebook where we have also gotten in touch with some of the faculty.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:27 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Look for the name of your school on Facebook and,
if you can stand to go there, classmates.com.
Have u a grievance against classmates.com ?

David
zhjuan

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:38 am
Google it. I found a childhood friend who I hadn't met for 25 years using only one search. She is a volunteer of a library in Taipei, Taiwan. I found her name on the volunteer list and asked the library to check it for me. I found her in one google search out of a population of 23 millions. I met her last Christmas in Taipei. She still looks exactly the same and we get on really well despite 25 years apart.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:02 am
@Butrflynet,
Really good advice! When I went on FB, I filled out the form and put in my all my schools. I started receiving notes from people I knew from high school, college and grad school. It was terrific.

My son corresponds regularly with one of his fav teachers on FB. She is a wonderful woman and I think keeping in touch with her is good for him.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
They falsely represent a lot of things on their website and you have to pay to find out who, if anyone besides their own marketing program has been visiting your profile page. They constantly barrage you and your classmates with emails saying that someone has recently visited your profile and left a message and you have to pay to find out who it was. In reality, it is their marketing bots leaving messages with general questions in an attempt to generate posts that you will have to pay for to determine the author.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:32 am
@Butrflynet,
Classmates is a scam. Ironically, when I first saw their ad, someone in my eighth grade class was featured as one of their thumbnails!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 10:31 am

I like Classmates. Their fee is very little; near nothing.
I have found several old classmates thru them.
I look kindly upon their promoting their site.
As thay prosper n grow, thay can attract more old classmates who I knew.
I found 2 of them very recently.
In a spirit of nostalgia, its fun. I wish them well.

David
0 Replies