Triumph! Happiness!

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 11:59 pm
OmSigDavid put me on ignore!

kickycan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 12:03 am
@plainoldme,
Welcome to the club. I cry about it everyday.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 12:19 am
@plainoldme,
how did you achieve that?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 01:31 am
@plainoldme,
How do you know?
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:45 am
@dlowan,
POM got on Daves case about DAves obsession about (what?) and DAve got all like, DAVE about it and pronounced the sentence with the appropriate ringing of the altar bell, closing the Bible, and blowing out of the candles.
'

It was very moving.

When I put Spendi on ignore once, I just said "bye bye ******" and that was pretty much it. I like the "IGNORE CEREMONY".

Now POM must do the necessary penance and read the NRA manual before DAve will resinstate him into grace.

HOLY **** , was that the KICKY MAN??, sey hey Kicky.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
When I put Spendi on ignore once, I just said "bye bye ******" and that was pretty much it.

Except for the part where you didn't stop talking about him. This is true love, admit it!
Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:54 am
So the ignore button isnt about petulence and arrogance, it is about social status ? You use it when someone couldnt possibly have an opinion on anything that was worth reading ? Perhaps it is about taking yourself too seriously...a sort of etheral foot stomping... God doesnt ask my opinion any more so I will give it to humanity and if they disagree I will ignore them.
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:10 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

So the ignore button isnt about petulence and arrogance, it is about social status ? You use it when someone couldnt possibly have an opinion on anything that was worth reading ? Perhaps it is about taking yourself too seriously...a sort of etheral foot stomping... God doesnt ask my opinion any more so I will give it to humanity and if they disagree I will ignore them.

That does it Ionus, you're now on my ignore list (checking name off)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:18 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Except for the part where you didn't stop talking about him. This is true love, admit it!
I always love being called names by someone who is a pro at it.

HE once saiid that "I was not wholly incompetent to make such a statement" I hadda wipe the tears from my eyes I was laughing so much. Sometimws when Im in the mood, Ill "peek" at his ignored statement. Ros has accused me of not understanding how "ignore fully works". I have a halfvast amount of curiosity about a lot of things. Including uncle spendis silliness.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:22 am
@farmerman,
That's really funny! I had to put my coffee down so I wouldn't spill it because I was laughing so hard. The funniest part is it is absolutely true!

POM will NOT read the NRA manual but guns were the source of his umbrage.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 10:21 am
@plainoldme,
I din't all all mind david putting anyone on ignore; what what I've read he remains civil and simply states he is putting **** on ignore ane leaves it at that. On the other hand we have Finn who starts threads to say he has become disgusted with a2k and then lists those people he feels obligated to put on ignore or we have okie whi incorporates his signature line to list those bad people he has on ignore which follows his every post. Finn ane Okie come across to me as drama queens seeking attention in their announcements of who they have on ignore.
I personally approve of the ignore function when there is a poster one simply doesn't want to read but I find it silly/inane to start threads about it or put it in their signature line.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 03:55 pm
@dyslexia,
I totally agree, which is part of the reason for this thread. David can dish it out but he can't take it and since he seemed so pleased to announce to me that he was putting me on ignore, I thought I would start a celebratory thread about it.

I have to say that I seldom read his threads because he insists on quoting people then misquotes them in his responses. All in all, his stuff is visually too busy to read.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 03:49 am
Freedom of speech seems to be one of Davids core principals.
Can you alter the constitution to suit yourself?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 03:55 am
apparently you are off the hook POM.
oh joy! huzzah!
msolga

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 05:56 am
@dadpad,

A reprieve! Surprised

What a stroke of luck! Very Happy
0 Replies