Public school zero tolerance policies.

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:56 am
I have been fortunate (so far) that my kids haven't seen these extreme of zero tolerance, but there is sometimes they do go to an extreme - we have a new principal for the middle school - he is a better replacement but he has changed things in the last year and a half.

He takes away anything that will have any impication whatsoever that someone could be left out -- things like twin day (completely optional - but you and a friend can dress similar and be twins) - fearful that someone is left out. There is also a year end competion where groups of three or so compete in a variety of different sports or running - fun sort of things - in case someone doesn't have a match up. Other fund type days - where before they could do the various activities with whichever friends they want - instead they have assigned groups (this is after school socials) - now many kids don't want to go.
0 Replies