Man, what a great time & place to be alive!

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 11:54 pm
Hiya, Folks.

This phone, I dunno. It's really got me bad! I never thought myself that much of a techno-geek, but I'm just so impressed with this thing that the novelty isn't fading. This is my first smart phone so naturally there's a wow factor to consider. I've built some desktops, lappies, and hacked a few phones and Canon cameras. But this Droid has really captivated me. Hell, even my wife can't put hers down, and she's definitely not a gadget-gal.

I live in upper NY state. I'm an unsuccessful jeweler and an unsuccessful silversmith. I specialize in not being able to sell my 18K gold jewelry, or my hand hammered hollowware and flatware. I've recently accepted a job at a machine shop in the inspection dept. My wife is a Culinary Institute grad, running the catering dept at a high end private school. We have a beautiful 6 yr old daughter, and our second & final addition is due in March. We're both 41, but the Droids we got each other for Christmas this year have turned us into 20 year olds.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,088 • Replies: 4
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 12:45 am
@Psychokitty,
Hey, Kitty, recognize you from another well known android forum. Welcome to this quieter, yet somewhat more personable site where us proud Droid owners are the only focus. The more, the merrier.
0 Replies

Psychokitty

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 07:14 am
@Psychokitty,
Hiya,
Yeah, nothing wrong with the other forums, but I was seeking a smaller, more focused community.
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 11:04 am
@Psychokitty,
Welcome. I've had my Droid for a month and half so far and I still play with it like I was an 8 year old with a favorite toy. So far, I've not been bored. As to the forum, I've started visiting long before I bought the phone. I've found everyone here to be helpful and Motorola Droid focused. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Also, hope your business ventures turn around for you very soon. Good luck to you.
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 11:59 am
@Psychokitty,
Quote:
Welcome to this quieter, yet somewhat more personable site where us proud Droid owners are the only focus.

But can you tell me why my battery is so bad..............LOL

I am getting so sick of those posts on the other site, I nominate them to the wide world of COME ON MAN
0 Replies