Is anyone troubled by the possibility of a new Droid?

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:04 pm
All,

Just wondering if anyone is concerned that there may be a new Droid coming out soon. It hasn't even been 3 full months and there are talks of a new model on the horizon. Kinda feels like the Dare days Sad

jstwondrng
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,474 • Replies: 9
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:12 pm
@jstwondrng,
Other than form factor or 2.1 looks, I can't imagine a phone that can do much more than the Droid does. And I'm happy with 2.0.1 until the real update comes down the pipe. And it will Smile
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:14 pm
@jstwondrng,
Well ... motorola had the razor for like a whole decade so i doubt we have anything to worry about.
The Chief

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:28 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Google just unveiled the Nexus One...

ARTICLE HERE

Still, I love my Droid! Very Happy
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 03:26 pm
@jstwondrng,
Today, anything that is electronic is out dated in a very short period. So, I'm not surprised that a new Droid might be appearing soon. Fast change is the name of the game. Will the II be much better than the I we currently have? My guess is no. I think I'll be happy with my Droid until my contract ends in two years.
0 Replies

jstwondrng

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 04:02 pm
@jstwondrng,
Good point. I guess after having a great phone like the Dare die prematurely, I'm a bit gun shy with the Droid. It is a very good phone and I'm soooo waitiing for 2.1 OS.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 05:22 pm
@jstwondrng,
I'm very happy w/ my Droid, and as long as they keep showing it love, I'll be a very satisfied customer until it comes time to renew my contract.
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 01:37 am
@jstwondrng,
well that forum section went up quick
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 06:37 pm
@jstwondrng,
To be honest i dont see what the nexus one brings to the table that the droid already doesnt have. I have installed a 2.1 Rom and everything the nexus one did i was doing on my droid. Other than the ram there is no advantage to a nexus one. A little disappointed.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:36 am
@droid him,
I agree about the N1 not being all it's cracked up to be. Looks like it may be a lil quicker, but doesn't have quite the screen the Droid does, nor the keyboard. Course, some prefer the form factor. I wasn't too keen on them calling it the first in a line of "superphones" to be coming out when, clearly, the Droid is numero uno. I've been under the impression that it was going to be just another option to the Droid, and not an upgrade.
0 Replies