New Droid w/ an improved keyboard?

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 02:09 am
Someone posted this in Android Forums, thought everyone here might find it interesting. Apparently the Droid and Motorola Cliq are due for an overhaul. What say you, DroidMotorola faithful?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357822,00.asp
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,048 • Replies: 3
No top replies

linmk2

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 12:49 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Frankly, I don't use the slide out keyboard that much. The keyboard on the screen works well for me. However, I don't really find any issues with the slideout board on the times I've used it. Since the Droid is my first "smart" phone, it's keyboard is the only one I've ever used. Seems to work fine. I'm not sure why a lot people dislike it so much. Perhaps some feel the keys don't have much "give". Remember, the Droid is the thinnest phone with a slide out keyboard. My guess, the keyboard feels the ways it does to keep the profile as low as possible. I've said this before, but I really don't think we will see a new Droid right away. My guess, toward the end of the year. I like my Droid a lot, so I have no plans to replace it till my contract is up in 2011. By then, who knows what kind of cool phones will be around?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 01:12 pm
@linmk2,
I agree, I see nothing wrong w/ the Droid as is. I've also never owned a smartphone, or a phone w/ a physical keyboard before. My first qwerty keyboard on a phone was the Dare's virtual one.

I like having the physical keyboard as another option, and I've really had no issues w/ it. I guess it could be better, but it's not bad by any means. I'm pretty accurate w/ it and fast.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:14 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
the only problem with the keyboard is that i find myself hitting 2 buttons at once or the space bar twice which adds the auro-period. I wish the keys were just slightly contoured but it works fine enough. horizontal keyboard is ok, vertical is a bit testy sometimes...
0 Replies