From the ashes of the Dare comes the Droid!

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 02:03 pm
Hi All,

I'm a former Dare owner and I'm considering purchasing the Droid. I see several folks who used to roam around the MobileRoar Dare forum here and welcome any suggestions on wooing me over to the Droid. Btw, The_Chief, it's good to see ya here!

Jstwondrng
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 5
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 03:02 pm
@jstwondrng,
Hey JstWondrng, nice to see you! The Droid is almost everything the Dare isn't. It's infinitely expandable with apps, it (usually) navigates for free, and it holds a LOT of data. My son is very pleased with the Dare I passed down to him, and I still check into the old forum from time to time.

I think you'll find a warm and helpful home here as you study up for a Droid of your own! Very Happy
saintlewi

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 06:31 pm
@The Chief,
welcome! i, too, converted to the droid-side from the dare. i love my dare, and until i discovered droid, i had no intentions of changing from it. but its great, in the 2 days ive had it, lol. there is a learning curve, and if you are very accustomed to the dare, it will take some getting used to (like no dedicated buttons, unlocking, etc). ive never had a smart phone before, but im stuck now, because there is no going back. with everything it does, its very worthwhile...jump on board!!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 11:48 pm
@saintlewi,
Glad to see yet another familiar face. Between here and phandroid, I'd say there's almost as many former Dare owners as former iPhone and Blackberry users. This really is the phone we all wished previous phones could have been. Jst, believe me, if you were to go this route, you wouldn't regret it.
0 Replies

jstwondrng

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 10:01 am
@jstwondrng,
Hey Guys! It's great seeing you here! Yeah, I'm trying to switch to the Droid and hopefully I'll be able to do so soon. I just received an early contract renewal in the mail so keeping everything crossed!
saintlewi

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 08:34 pm
@jstwondrng,
jstwondrng;1242 wrote:
Hey Guys! It's great seeing you here! Yeah, I'm trying to switch to the Droid and hopefully I'll be able to do so soon. I just received an early contract renewal in the mail so keeping everything crossed!

thats how we managed to get my wifes upgrade early. she is adjusting (begrudgingly, lol) to her BB. she can deal, cause i love my droid.
0 Replies