How do ya play wmv videos?

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:04 pm
I just bought the bluray of the latest Star Trek and it came with a digital copy. Just wondering if it's possible to play it on the droid? I have it copied to the device and see the file but it says "Sorry, this video cannot be played."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,096 • Replies: 3
No top replies

droid smee

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 10:35 pm
@DroidDoggy,
DroidDoggy;1010 wrote:
I just bought the bluray of the latest Star Trek and it came with a digital copy. Just wondering if it's possible to play it on the droid? I have it copied to the device and see the file but it says "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

I downloaded a program from the market called yxflash. The program crashes on Droid if you try to access directly but still let's me play my wmv attachments through email. Give it a shot and see.

Smee
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 11:48 pm
@DroidDoggy,
Have you tried adding it through the motorola software?
darebrokenheart

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:08 am
@droid him,
The best way is to get a video converter such as xilisoft. I know there are other converters out there but i have this one (xilisoft media toolkit ultimate). It converts any format to whatever format you want it to play on and on just about all media devices...from zune to psp, ipod/iphone, etc. I don't use the digital copy from dvd's or blue ray's because it's copywrite protected which limits you from watching it on certain devices and you can't make any changes to it. Using the converter to convert dvd's, blue ray and other media allows you to chose the video quality, sound, framerate, subtitles, language, cut scenes, and add deleted scenes.

If you're internet savy you can get the best converters for free...just have to search. Xilisoft ultimate isn't free but i got it off the web for 0$. I can't tell you how on here because this is a legit website. There are some that are free so do some websurfing.

Also find out what media formats the droid will play so you will know what to convert over to.
0 Replies