WARNING: Don't use a case with magnetic open/close

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:00 am
I found out the day I got my droid that you can't use a case that has magnets in it. The magnets cause the phone to go into car mode. This will cause the batter to die quicker since the phone will not go into standby mode.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,191 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:05 am
@Chuck2676,
Thanks for the warning...
The Chief

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 02:26 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I still haven't figured out how the phone knows it's in the car dock, must be something magnetic... but the Belt clip I got from VZW is velcro close so there must be a magnet somewhere in the car dock :rolleyes:
AndyDroid

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:52 pm
@The Chief,
Yes, the car dock has a magnet in it that activates a sensor in the Droid to put it in GPS mode. Good advice on NOT getting a holster or pouch with a magnet closure.
Hammerofthegods

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 04:47 pm
@AndyDroid,
put the droid in the case upside down. It will be further away from the magnet and will not push to car mode................
Hammerofthegods

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 03:50 pm
@Hammerofthegods,
Depending on where you put the magnet, Droid either goes into car mode or docking mode so there must be a couple of hot points on the back so the Droid knows which dock it is in. I have been using my leather case for a few days now with no problems.
0 Replies