Downloading Audiobooks?

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 11:25 am
I've had my Droid for a week now and I am trying to venture into unchartered territory (well.. unchartered for me at least!)

I usually download audiobooks from my local library. I use OverDrive Media Console to download them to my computer, then I can transfer them to my iPod. (Oh.. gosh.. Surprised I used the "i" word!!!) Well, I'm would love to get rid of the "i" thingy and do it all on my Droid. However, when I attempt to download the book, from OverDrive to the Droid, I am unsuccessful. The message that I receive is - "The format of this title (WMA Audiobook) is not compatible with the Motorola A855 USB Device"

Is there an application that I can use to download audiobooks? My search so far hasn't found any. Can anyone offer any suggstions?

Thanks for any help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,554 • Replies: 6
No top replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 12:13 pm
@meandorene,
How are you transferring them to your computer? Are you using windows media player? If you go into the options you should be able to change the software to use MP3 for ripping instead of WMA
0 Replies

meandorene

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:36 pm
@meandorene,
Thanks for your help..
I can download library books in an MP3 format with OverDrive, however, the selection is verrrrrrry limited. About 95% of all library books are in the WMA format.
So, I'm looking for an app that will help me downloand WMA format files...

TIA
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:55 pm
@meandorene,
This is an interesting topic i need to organize my audiobook collection myself. Ill let u know if i find anything as well.
0 Replies

meandorene

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:59 am
@meandorene,
Webmaster, thanks!
isimon

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 12:47 pm
@meandorene,
I don't know if this will help, but there is an app that is an audiobook player.
http://www.absent.fi/mobile/?id=88
0 Replies

wardhead

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 02:16 am
@meandorene,
You can install the Overdrive App on your Droid and download directly from your library. The 3-week expiration will be enforced, unlike most standalone MP3 players.
0 Replies