Still not sure- Thinking of waiting- Right or Wrong?

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 09:55 am
I have been wanting an iPhone forever but won't leave Verizon for the usual reasons.
When I heard about the Droid I was very excited but some of the reviews have been mediocre. Plus, I have always thought you shouldn't buy the first of any new line since bugs are not found or resolved til the next model come out. I heard that iPhone will be coming to Verizon in 2010 and that there are other Android phones soon to come to Verizon.
Opinions please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,262 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:27 am
@Audiophobe,
I would wait a week and checkout the feedback from the users here.

Ive been an iphone user for about a year now and im paying my cancellation fee and going back to verizon. So that should speak for service level itself.

Regarding bugs i cant see many problems since it will run android but hardware wise i know at one point and time the moto razor had reliability problems so im going to have to stress test this device.

The iphone coming to verizon is a distant dream i doubt att would want or allow that to happen. If anything that will delay it as much as possible since its working out in their favor.

For entertainment purposes the iphone does its job but if your more of a web geek like myself the droid seems to fit the job without all the jailbreaking mods mess.

It comes out tomorrow stop by a verizon store and play with the demo. Youll either love it or hate it!
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 12:21 pm
@Audiophobe,
I am going to get one, and from what the reviews have stated, they are overall good reviews. There is no device out there that is perfect, and most of the minor issues that this phone has will be fixed with FW upgrades, and software upgrades. i will be putting this through it's paces, so i will have my own review a little later tomorrow night.
0 Replies

norm428

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 01:09 pm
@Audiophobe,
The only thing making me hesitate, is the possibility of the HTC Passion being released soon. I don't really need the QWERTY keypad and would prefer Sense UI.
iamthewinnar

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 05:23 pm
@norm428,
norm428;310 wrote:
The only thing making me hesitate, is the possibility of the HTC Passion being released soon. I don't really need the QWERTY keypad and would prefer Sense UI.

From what I can tell the passion won't be released for another 6 months or so... If you can wait that long I'd say go for it, the passion is supposed to sport a 1ghz processor which is pretty sweet.
It's actually really tempting... what I really want is for LG to come out with an android based phone... I've used nothing but LG phones up till this point (well except for work... I have a motorola Q that I hate with a passion)
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 05:47 pm
@Audiophobe,
I dont know about you but i couldnt wait 6 months.

Ill be happy modding while you wait.

=)
BatmanX

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:24 am
@Droid Motorola,
well at least you got 30 days to try the droid out and if you dont like it take it back
Audiophobe

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 02:33 pm
@BatmanX,
I wuzzed out and bought it.
It will be here Monday.
If you buy online the rebate is automatic and shipping is free.
0 Replies