Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:14 pm
I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have the phone NOT timeout if a certain application is running. for example, if I am using the music player, or pandora, or cardio trainer etc. can I choose to have the display stay on unless i turn it off? and then if the app is closed it goes back to my default 60 seconds? If ur a developer, thatd be a cool app: list all applications and select ones where youd like the phone to operate a specific way...id pay a buck or 2

Also, i keep having the phone lock when im on a phone call and have to do my unlock pattern to answer a call...WHY??? its getting to be a pain. i keep going to voicemails or missing calls.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,222 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:18 pm
@cp22gear,
If your phone is in your pocket and you get a call? what if you accidently picked up the call by it rattling in your pocket?

Are u talking about unlocking and than clicking answer? that is annoying?
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 03:22 pm
@cp22gear,
if my screen is timed out and i get a call, it often doesnt bring up the caller ID/swipe to answer or decline screen. it stays black and then i have to press the button on top to wake it up, then draw my unlock pattern. if i miss the pattern once or twice i might miss the call.
also, whe youre on a call, as you know, the screen goes dark. on my device it does more than go dark, it locks. so to end a call that wasnt picked up i have to wake it, then draw my unlock pattern, then end the call. at which point it may have gone to VM and thats annoying for the people I call.

i hope that explains it better...
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 02:36 pm
@cp22gear,
There must be something in your settings, cause you shouldn't have to wake your phone to answer a call. And I do believe there are ways to not have your screen time out. Firstly, check the settings within the app itself, many of them have it there. I'ma take a look and see about the unlock thing.
lehman44

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 08:46 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I use KeepScreen. You can set what applications you don't want the screen timing out on. I have the phone, email, sms and internet set to not time out.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:37 pm
@cp22gear,
lehman you're a genius!

as for the unlock thing..its a bit of a pain in the ass rather regularly...but i love the lock feature and so do people who are unfamiliar with android. great way to meet the ladies haha
0 Replies