Forwarding Ringtones to other numbers

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 11:02 pm
Anyone figure out how to take a ringtone you have on your droid and send it to someone else? The droid makes it really easy to put new ringtones on, but Attaching a sound file for SMS doesn't appear to be an option. I have a couple ringtones (That I made and added to my droid) that I want to send to my family.

On my old phone (LG ENV) I could just email the files (as long as they were under 512k) to [email][email protected][/email] once I had it on there I could forward them to my friends. Not seeing a way to do this with the droid so far...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,977 • Replies: 3
No top replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 11:13 pm
@iamthewinnar,
Well I guess I should have played around a little while longer. If you send it to [email][email protected][/email] then it comes through
saintlewi

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 12:51 am
@iamthewinnar,
iamthewinnar;852 wrote:
Well I guess I should have played around a little while longer. If you send it to [email][email protected][/email] then it comes through

can you do this from the droid itself? ive made a few ringtones and would LOVE to be able to send them to my wife's phone (vs paying for songs we already have). otherwise...i have no idea how to do it. the only other way i can think to do so is try and get them VIA usb, then attach them to my email on my PC and send them to her that way. any shorter way by chance?
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 06:27 am
@iamthewinnar,
If you get something like Astro Browser you can browse to the files then long press on it and you have the option to send it as an email.
0 Replies