Transferring music from PC

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 08:28 am
I connected my Droid to my pc and got an error saying device not installed, so I went to Motorola's site and downloaded the drivers and now it shows installed however when I go to drag and drop a song it says, "please insert a disk into drive E" what am I doing wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 7
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 08:45 am
@DaretoDroid,
I assume you have mounted the phone successfully and the window opens up?
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 01:41 pm
@DaretoDroid,
You haven't mounted te drive. Plug your phone in and pull down ur notification window and select te USB then mount drive. Use wmp to sync your music. Easier that dragging and dropping
cmacv

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:00 am
@droid him,
i hooked my droid to the pc and mounted it. while i was drag and drop songs from windows media player to the left side where it it shows i have the droid hooked upto it. it dumped every song i had in widows media player 650 of them .:mad: i was able to format the sd card and erase it clean.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 11:54 am
@DaretoDroid,
Well, if you don't want to sync your entire library to the Droid, then drag n drop is your only option. Once you mount the Droid, you can open the sd-card as a drive in My Computer. Then open your My Music folder and drag and drop.
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:58 pm
@DaretoDroid,
Or try doing playlist?
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 10:31 am
@DaretoDroid,
The playlist option from windows media player doesnt work completely. I had to create a playlist in windows media player. Download the sync software from motorola, then sync my playlist through that. One thing that sucks is pictures saved by themes all get synced back to your picture folder so you have to go in and delete them. At least this was my expierence with the themes from 91panda home.
0 Replies

chase

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 08:38 pm
@DaretoDroid,
I plugged in my Droid just an hour ago to try this, I mounted my device, and tried to get it to sync. It did something weird and so I unmounted it, then it said there was no SD card! So I remounted it and removed the device from my computer, my SD card was recognized.
0 Replies