Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:19 pm
Well, looks like the iPhone has the Droid in one area: touchscreen responsiveness. I don't think this really comes as a shock, many former iPhone users have made mention of this. When it comes to scrolling, the Droid isn't as responsive as my old LG Dare. What I do like better, however, is Droid's virtual keyboards. This is not a testing factor.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/01/10/diy-touchscreen-analysis-reveals-that-the-iphone-does-while-the-droid-doesnt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28Boy+Genius+Report%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,405 • Replies: 6
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Well, it's a trade-off between power consumption and touch response. I am perfectly happy with the Droid's screen... probably because I don't draw a bunch of straight lines on it Very Happy but seriously, my old Dare's resistive touch screen was frustrating at times, while I have had little problem with the Droid.

Anyone else want to chime in?
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:49 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I can tell you the droids is MUCH better than the HTC Imagio (which was the same thing as the Touch Pro 2 just without a keyboard) but I would love for it to be a bit more sensitive.

Does a screen protector hinder it at all?
The Chief

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:56 pm
@Guit4rG0d,
I wouldn't think so, not as thin as they are and the capacitive touch and all...
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:17 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
The first time I looked at an iPhone, the first thing I noticed was how smooth the screen worked compared to other phones I had played with. A few weeks after the Droid made it's appearance, I tried one out at the Verizon store. What struck me was how much it was like the iPhone's screen. Buttery, is the best way to say it. That sold me at that point. I left the store with a new friend. I've played with a number of phones since I've gotten the Driod, but none have the nice screen response of the Droid.
jstwondrng

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:15 am
@linmk2,
Personally, I like the touchscreen on the Droid. I have both a Droid and iPod Touch and the touch's screen sensitivity is marginally better than the Droid's. I'm VERY happy with navagation and such.
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:24 am
@YankeeDudeL,
I also have a touch, but I don't think something like tap tap revenge would work so well on the droid
0 Replies