Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:28 am
The rumors are abound, but nothing is solid. It's supposed to be Verizon's next Android 2.0 phone and it may be out as early as Black Friday. I've heard its going to have a 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor (apparently that's fast, I don't know how that compares to the Droid), HTC Sense UI (the Eris has this), and may have a 4.3 inch screen (the huge Droid screen is only 3.7 inches!).

Anyone have any inside info? I'm sticking w/ the Droid, but I do need to find one for the girlie for Christmas. I had been leaning toward the Eris, but this definitely raises some eyebrows. Amazing, how w/ all they gave us about the Droid, they're so tight-lipped about this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,057 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 03:46 am
@YankeeDudeL,
Yeah that would be a really big punch to apple if the passion came out. I might have to build a site called passionhtc.com =)

Verizon puts alot of effort in christmas sales.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 09:40 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I'm sure many of us would be happy to split our traffic w/ ya.
0 Replies

darebrokenheart

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 11:25 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Well hopefully the passion does come out so we can compare the three droid phones. I like both the motorola droid and the htc eris and I'm hoping I will like the passion as well whenever (if ever) it comes out.
johnnyleem

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 04:15 pm
@darebrokenheart,
From what I've seen and heard on different sites, it is not really possible to run the snapdragon processor at 1GHz. If they do, the battery life will most likely be terrible. This is why Acer is said to be underclocking the processor on their liquid phone. As for the screen, larger screen means larger phone. There is a website where you can compare the size of different phones and the passion looks to be quite a bit bigger than the droid, which by the way, is about as big as I think you can comfortably fit in your pocket.
saintlewi

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 12:57 am
@johnnyleem,
isnt there another phone, "Racheal" or something, that is running android 2.0 and supposed to be even faster and, for all intents and purposes, better than the droid? it looked ok, but really, i think i prefer the look of the droid.
0 Replies

darebrokenheart

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 05:14 am
@YankeeDudeL,
You must be talking about the sony xperia x3. They call it sony xperia rachael also
saintlewi

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:46 pm
@darebrokenheart,
darebrokenheart;1043 wrote:
You must be talking about the sony xperia x3. They call it sony xperia rachael also

yup. thats the one. saw some pic online, but nothing really about it. doesnt seem worth passing the droid for it, but guess there is still time for it to make an impression. the rumor is, android was going to be releasing upwards of 30 different devices very soon. could be interesting.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 12:14 am
@saintlewi,
There's no doubt in my mind that it'll be an awesome phone. Sony Ericsson has, IMO, the best phone media players, and this will be no diff.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvsl5IBSZh0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

It's also set to have an 8.1 mp camera, FM Radio, and the Snapdragon processor that the HTC Passion is slated to get.

Phandroid.com has all the specs here:

http://phandroid.com/2009/11/03/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-officially-announced/
The Chief

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 06:55 am
@YankeeDudeL,
That's pretty impressive... we knew there would come bigger and better phones but I am still crazy in love with this Droid!
0 Replies

darebrokenheart

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 12:10 am
@YankeeDudeL,
That is impressive but is that phone a smartphone or dumbphone and also (most importantly) is it coming to verizon?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 12:44 pm
@darebrokenheart,
darebrokenheart;1091 wrote:
That is impressive but is that phone a smartphone or dumbphone and also (most importantly) is it coming to verizon?

It's an Android phone and I've been under the impression that all Androids are smartphones, but to be honest, that's more of an assumption. As to whether or not it'll come to Verizon, I doubt it. It'll make it's debut in the UK in February and it may never come to the States at all. I think it will, but I think Sprint or T-Mobile will be the lucky carrier.

The HTC Passion, though is RUMORED to be released before Christmas. It's also RUMORED to be going to Verizon. From what I can gather, it's (and this is completely just another of my assumptions) going to be a cross between the HTC Droid Eris and our beloved Motorola Droid. But both Verizon and HTC have been so tight-lipped, who knows. If we don't hear anything real soon, I don't suspect we'll see it till next year.
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 07:35 pm
@darebrokenheart,
darebrokenheart;1091 wrote:

Well, the good news is that it will be sold in the good ol USofA after all. The bad, it will def not be on Verizon. It's a GSM phone and we're CDMA. That leaves AT&T and T-Mobile. However, the unit sold in the Americas will not have T-Mobile's 1700 band, so looks like AT&T will be the winner. Keep in mind, these are official specs, but not an official announcement.

So Droid holdouts will probably be waiting for the HTC Passion/Dragon.
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 10:52 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;1066 wrote:
There's no doubt in my mind that it'll be an awesome phone. Sony Ericsson has, IMO, the best phone media players, and this will be no diff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvsl5IBSZh0&feature=player_embedded

It's also set to have an 8.1 mp camera, FM Radio, and the Snapdragon processor that the HTC Passion is slated to get.

Phandroid.com has all the specs here:

http://phandroid.com/2009/11/03/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-officially-announced/

Rachel has been delayed until further notice and will cost you a 999.99 from sony ericsons site. They last couple xperias never took off becasue they were so expensive.
darebrokenheart

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 11:00 pm
@droid him,
Well that's stupid for sony to create a phone for the mass market that is not going to be worth buying due to the cost of it. And if what you said is true him then basically there is no need to bring up this phone again since it's highly unlikely it will hit US stores. Just another high price toy that's going to be canned again...Sad
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:26 pm
@darebrokenheart,
Looks like the SE XperiaX10 will be launching w/ Android 1.6, presumably in April.

http://droidmotorola.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1149
0 Replies