COOL Google Maps Trick!

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:22 pm
I didn't figure this out, but I did want to pass it on:

Go to Google Maps and search for your house or a well known site. Then touch the bubble containing the text of what you searched for. You will get a menu. Scroll down to Street View and click that - it will show you a street-level image of that place that you can scroll around in - pretty cool, right?

Now, this is where it gets really cool - touch the menu button and select compass mode - as you turn the phone around, the view spins too!

If the image doesn't seem to follow your movement, wave the Droid around in a figure 8 which seems to recalibrate the compass.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,086 • Replies: 9
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:56 pm
@The Chief,
I'm not getting the street view option. Hmm...
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:04 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I'm getting a satellite view but when I try to get in too close the screen goes white and I get the search icon all over the place.
nolig

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:24 am
@YankeeDudeL,
Not all streets are configured for street view-- only the major ones in major cities...
Les video

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:52 am
@nolig,
Boy have we got a lot to learn on this phone.
PS my girl friend took over my Dare!Smile
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:19 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;763 wrote:
I'm getting a satellite view but when I try to get in too close the screen goes white and I get the search icon all over the place.

Don't try to zoom in, just hit the bubble that has the address in it. Then the Street View option will come up... IF Google has Street View of it.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:34 pm
@The Chief,
I'm guessing that's the problem, that it doesn't have that option for my street. But I'm directly between two major highways, so I dunno. I'll have to try this when I'm at a store or suttin.
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:24 pm
@The Chief,
Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

AndyDroid

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:33 pm
@The Chief,
I did get to the street view once by accident. It was cool, but I couldn't remember how I did it!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2023 10:22 am

i was searching google maps for a particular building i didn't have an address for,
but i accidentally plunked myself down inside a strength training facility Laughing

https://iili.io/HEXjEq7.jpg

i wonder how her video turned out, and did it include the german shepherd...

0 Replies