Adding Music to the Droid

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 02:25 pm
Yayyy I got it figured out! From the Home Screen, connect the USB cable between the phone and the PC. You will get a notification saying "USB Connected". Select "Mount" and the phone should show up on your PC as a drive. Mine was K-drive. There may be some folders there. Don't open them.

Go to the folder on your PC with your MP3s in it and drag & drop right into the Phone's window. The songs will load.

You cannot play the songs while the PC is connected. Once you disconnect, go to the Music function and your songs will show up.

Plus as the song is playing, select menu and you can set that song as ringtone!

I haven't figured out how to name the albums yet, but they DO show up in album clusters by artist. Let me know if you get any further along than me. I can always learn something new!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 02:29 pm
@The Chief,
http://www.motorola.com/consumers/US-EN/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN.do?vgnextoid=9502cf7689373210VgnVCM1000008806b00aRCRD
Hammerofthegods

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 04:57 pm
@BucYouUp68,
this forum is going to be very useful indeed. Thanks Chief!!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 12:45 am
@Hammerofthegods,
Chief, as always, you rock.
0 Replies

CookieMomster

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:23 pm
@The Chief,
And if that didn't work, click the menu while on the home screen, then the notifications tab, then usb connected, then mount.
isimon

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 10:00 pm
@CookieMomster,
Also, if you are on a mac, you can use double twist.
http://phonedog.com/cell-phone-research/blog/motorola-droid-what-about-my-media.aspx
0 Replies

randy m

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 08:22 am
@The Chief,
Did the 'drag and drop' thing into a folder I created on the SD card (Music). Dragged 2 albums directly from iTunes - one of them ripped from CD, and the other purchased from Apple. Both work fine. Of course, they have no DRM.
0 Replies