Currently a Proud Dare Owner

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:04 pm
Well folks, now that the Dare has been officially put out to pasture by Big Red, I guess I'm looking for a new and improved phone. I was going to jump on the Chocolate Touch until I saw what THIS thing can do! SO it looks like I'll be scanning the web for details like everyone else and hitting the store after the release date.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Dare and it's been my constant companion for almost a year and a half... so it'll take a heck of a phone to replace it. I just hope the Droid lives up to the hype about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,065 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:43 pm
@The Chief,
The dare is decent but lg has a long ways. I bet if they had access to android the dare would be a much cooler phone.

Glad to have you aboard chief! Very Happy
The Chief

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:52 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Thanks, Webmaster, for the warm welcome! My real beef with the Dare is that the HTML browser is not FLASH capable. If the Droid fixes that then count me in. I appreciate the Droid forum and look forward to learning MUCH more about this phone!
Droid Motorola

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 04:20 pm
@The Chief,
Supposely it should be flash capable but im unsure how fast it can process. It is still only a cell phone processor but its a start.
0 Replies

ginofs

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:42 pm
@The Chief,
Like the Chief, I also came over from the LG Dare forum. Hoping to learn more about the Droid to see if it's something I'd rather have than my Dare. I also have an iPod Touch 32 GB in my pocket for when I need an Apple "Fix". Hoping that Android 2.0 will really give Apple a challenge, and that Verizon lets it succeed.
The Chief

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 03:08 pm
@ginofs,
Welcome aboard Ginofs! Very Happy
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 02:32 am
@The Chief,
Like Gino and Chief, I'm from the LG Dare Forum. Things started great w/ my Dare, but Verizon has done it's best to snuff out the flames. Could this be the phone that rekindles the fire? That's what I'm here to find out!
0 Replies

tpriddy

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 02:40 am
@The Chief,
[SIZE=3]Like Chief and Gino,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I'm also loving my Dare,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]and waiting for Droid.[/SIZE]
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 09:28 am
@The Chief,
My wife has the dare. She really likes the phone. My only gripe is the touchscreen sometimes doesnt work to well.
tpriddy

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 10:18 pm
@Droid Motorola,
webmaster;137 wrote:
dare... touchscreen sometimes doesnt work to well.
The Dare has a resistive touchscreen. But the main problem with touchscreen responsiveness on the Dare is, I believe, a slow processor and OS/UI concurrency bugginess.

Droid has capacitive touchscreen, fast processor (550MHz), a proven Linux OS kernel, the Google/Android platform.

The Droid SOC is by TI, the OMAP3430 550MHz with the Cortex A8 ARM core and the PowerVR MBX-Lite GPU/audio/video accelerator.
darebrokenheart

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:36 am
@tpriddy,
Like the others I am too from the Dare forum. I have a dare right now which I do love but Big Red gave it the boot so I'm here trying to decide what phone to get next. I thought about the lg chocolate but after it was redesigned and the change in camera (5mp to 3mp) I lost complete interest in it. So now I'm looking for an "everything" kinda phone. A phone that will do the things i need it to do to fit me. This phone seems like it will be the one I will chose. So I will read all the post and threads on this site so I can make a final decision cause I'm not leaving verizon because they are a good service provider.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 10:08 pm
@darebrokenheart,
Welcome aboard Broken Heart! I'm sure you've already noticed how many of us have been looking into this (or have already made the switch). I can't speak for everyone, but this is everything I wanted the Dare to be and more. A lot more, actually. And for me, it's all about the apps.
0 Replies

darebrokenheart

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 11:36 pm
@The Chief,
how are both keyboards compared to lg enV touch? Is it poor, equal, or better? How about the dare as well regarding the virtual keyboard? Can you type as fast on both keyboards on the droid like you can on the Dare virtual keyboard?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:07 am
@darebrokenheart,
darebrokenheart;564 wrote:
how are both keyboards compared to lg enV touch? Is it poor, equal, or better? How about the dare as well regarding the virtual keyboard? Can you type as fast on both keyboards on the droid like you can on the Dare virtual keyboard?

I haven't played w/ the EnV Touch or the Voyager before it enough to really know how there's is. My friend recently got an EnV Touch and he absolutely loves the thing. But he knows naught of love....

The keyboard has caught a lot of flack on reviews, but those same critiques herald the virtual keyboard (in portrait mode anyway). I don't share their sentiments. I've found it rather easy to use the keyboard, and actually prefer it over it's virtual counterpart. I found that odd, after a year w/ the Dare. I'm still a touch slower w/ the Droid, but already more accurate. And the directional pad makes it a million times easier to go back and edit when I do slip up.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 11:00 pm
@The Chief,
Hey all...i've made my way over from the Dare forum, which is where I first heard of the Droid. good to see some familiar "faces" Wink

due to financial constraints, ive not yet upgraded (need to get my wife a new phone to make her happy and get a better monthly service plan). but it will happen. in the meantime, i use my dare and look longingly at it, hoping it morphs into a droid.

glad to hear some feedback about the love/problems REAL people are having.
0 Replies