droid can overclock to 1.1ghz

cmacv

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 02:41 pm
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/01/26/all-i-wanna-do-is-zooma-zoom-zoom-overclocking-the-droid/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,401 • Replies: 5
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:57 am
@cmacv,
It can... but the benchmarks actually GO DOWN past 800Mhz. Not sure why you would do it, other than for bragging rights. Real-world performance increase wouldn't even be noticeable.

Of course SOMEBODY in here is gonna do it, so good luck! Very Happy
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 07:34 pm
@The Chief,
Well, it certainly won't be me. I'm not tinkering with my favorite toy. Made that mistake too many times as a kid. lol
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 09:56 pm
@cmacv,
Haha i dont got the guts to root....
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 03:53 pm
@Droid Motorola,
There's gotta be some root users here. Anyone try this? People have mentioned that battery life would suffer greatly (and that's a big no no), and that there's a chance that your Droid will blow up (not literally...probably) in time.
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 08:01 pm
@cmacv,
i tried it....1k 900 and 800. It was actually a lot faster than factory droid. That combined with set CPU i was getting amazing battery life. Only problem is every sigle app would crash quite often and phone wouldnt ring even though a call was coming in then it would ring once before it sent the call to voice mail. Took the cake today when i got to work and realized i lost my badge and couldnt call to get let in the building phone app just kept crashing. I am now trying a new rom that is supposed to be bug free and 800mhz so i will see how that goes.
If there was a 1.1ghz of this rom YES i would install it. Still young and adventrious and dont know the true value of a dollar.
0 Replies