• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,143 • Replies: 4
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 07:14 am
@cmacv,
Sounds realistic to me, I look forward to listening to my local FM station on my Droid! But I think I'll not hold my breath over it... too busy holding my breath over 2.1 :rolleyes:
linmk2

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 11:25 am
@The Chief,
If the Droid does indeed have an FM chip, there had to be some reason not to make it active. My guess, the Droid is not known as a conserver of battery life. Perhaps, the FM would draw to much power. Just a thought. Like Chief, I am looking more forward to the 2.1 release.
The Chief

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 11:56 am
@linmk2,
I would suspect that the chip is there pulling double duty: i.e., GPS, Wi-Fi reception or some other function. I can't imagine the engineers throwing a dedicated FM receiver into the Droid and then disabling it. I think that any attempt to force the FM receiver to work would result in a trade-off, that being a loss of other functions. Not sure I need radio that badly.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 12:10 pm
@cmacv,
im waiting for the FM transmitter, so i can use it instead of my ipod in my car. since i already have all my music on it anyway...
0 Replies