cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:14 am
im glad A. my girlfriends upgrade is in march. B. she wants a droid.

because she can have mine if this rumor is correct, also rumored is that it will be running a 1gig snapdragon

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/31/fresh-out-of-china-emerges-the-motorola-shadowmirage-yet-another-motorola-android-handset/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,445 • Replies: 14
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:25 am
@cmacv,
wow at 4.3" that's almost a mini tablet! you sure you want something that big on your hip? I mean, at what point does a phone get too big?
cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:38 am
@cmacv,
http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/12/31/moto.mirage.and.shadow.would.eclipse.droid/
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:46 am
@cmacv,
4.3 too big?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhVmjptZMI&feature=related[/ame]
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:49 am
@The Chief,
The_Chief;1785 wrote:
wow at 4.3" that's almost a mini tablet! you sure you want something that big on your hip? I mean, at what point does a phone get too big?

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5254/bigp.jpg
cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:20 am
@cmacv,
this is a 4.3 touchscreen next to an iphone

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6599/36916431.jpg
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:29 am
@cmacv,
I'm thinking that may just be too big. The Droid is about as big as I can feasibly handle.
linmk2

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 11:37 am
@YankeeDudeL,
I agree, I think the Droid is about as big as I would want. Anything bigger, then why not get a netbook?
cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:06 pm
@linmk2,
linmk2;1795 wrote:
I agree, I think the Droid is about as big as I would want. Anything bigger, then why not get a netbook?

you my friend would look real silly talking into a netbook Very Happy
The Chief

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:22 pm
@cmacv,
The way of the future. I can see us with VZW netbooks in our briefcases or backpacks, bluetooth enabled, walking around talking with it. It's probably on the drawing boards now, if not already in the showroom somewhere. No doubt Japan already has it :rolleyes:
linmk2

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:47 pm
@The Chief,
I would not be talking into the netbook. It would be bluetooth of course. Wait. Can a Google equipped netbook, be dialed with bluetooth?:p Phones have gotten smaller and smaller over the years. My first cell phone was in 1988. It was a handheld. I don't recall what the brand was, but I bought from an ad in Motor Trend magazine, I think for $395.00. The company I purchased it from signed me up with GTE Mobilenet (remember them, bought out by Verizon. I've been with them all these years.) By handheld, the case had a loop handle just so you could carry the thing around. Boy, did I think I was cool! Since my first phone, let's call that one a "lug line". I'm not kidding, I bet that thing weighed at least two pounds. The battery was huge and only allowed for about 2 hours of talk time. The antenna was so long that it should have been able to contact the International Space Station. Anyway, I've owned 4 Motorolas, 1 Samsung, and 1 LG. Really not too bad for having a cell phone for 21 years. With each purchase, the phone has been smaller than the one before it, with the exception of Motorola number 4, the Droid. I really don't want a phone bigger than the Droid. With all the everything the Droid can do, anything else, I think I would opt for a netbook. Yes, one you could talk on, but with bluetooth connection. I guess that would mean I have gone full circle. Something I would have to lug around again. :confused:
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:47 pm
@linmk2,
I try to wear carpenter jeans as often as possible (with that ever so convenient "cell phone" pocket), but when having to look more proper, those extra pockets are the first thing to go. The Droid is pocketable, but just barely. You can get a clip for it, but it pushes the boundaries on acceptable. Put it this way, as a fireman, I have to carry a radio while on duty. The Droid is actually taller and longer than my VHF radio! Any phone larger than that would just be too much.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:02 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Also, my next phone purchase will be for the girlie, and she wasn't too keen on the size of the Droid. Thinner and lighter would make for an easier sell, but going larger is a no-go. I'm just guessing that many women will probably feel the same.
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 07:38 am
@cmacv,
nope my girlfriend said "DROID" i was gonna try talking her into the new iphone if it comes to verizon or even the iphone light because its an iphone only smaller. because i figured that the iphone was easy to use for women and children. and that chicks head was on a swivel and said "DROID" like the commercial, **** you not. after seeing and playing with my phone she wants one bad. she never cared what type of cell phone she had before as long as it made phone calls
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 12:48 pm
@cmacv,
We were talking about the proposed 4.3" screened phone being too large, check this thing out. It's called the LG GW990. It's huge!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/lg-gw990-hands-on/

Engadget tells us that it's current UI is LG's S-Class, but will be available on multiple OSs. Android, maybe?
0 Replies