• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,202 • Replies: 8
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 09:29 am
@cmacv,
As long as they continue supporting the Droid like they do, it's a non-issue. Phones roll out so fast and so furiously that it's only a matter of time. But I hope they don't make our beloved Droid obsolete so soon!
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:38 am
@cmacv,
Its nearly the same as the HTC version, and I wasn't too impressed with that one
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:01 pm
@cmacv,
I don't think we will have to worry. I would guess that the Motorola Droid will of course be updated, just like any other "smart phone" over the coming months. That's just how electronics are. Nothing is current very long. I would think that the updates will not be a whole lot different from the current offering. Anyway, in two years, in most cases, our contracts will be up, so we can upgrade to the next best thing that Motorola has to offer. In the mean time, lets just enjoy this great device.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:19 pm
@cmacv,
We got nothing to worry about if the droid follows the path of the razr we wouldnt worry till around 2020.

Im not sure if thats a bad thing or good thing....
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 02:49 pm
@cmacv,
Also dont think motorola will have to worry becasue with a 100K+ install base thats 100K+ google phones that wont be sold because i like to have the newest thing but im not gonna drop another couple of hundred a few months later.
0 Replies

cmacv

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 06:58 pm
@cmacv,
Vendors like Motorola and Samsung, which have embraced the Android platform, may revolt--or at least shop for a new mobile operating system alternative rather than competing with Google. If the Nexus One is built on Android 2.1 as rumors have suggested, there could also be charges of unfair competition and predatory practices since the current version available to other vendors is Android 2.0.1.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/bizfeed/184542/google_nexus_one_phone_could_break_exclusivity_barriers.html?tk=rss_news
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 04:29 pm
@cmacv,
New rumor on phandroid...199 outside of contract. I would get it for that. The other and this is more believeable is that it is on t-mobile. Thats whats on the spy shots.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 09:44 pm
@droid him,
I'm still checking out phones for the lil lady and this is yet another potential suitor. But w/ all the rumors that keep flying between this and the Passion/Dragon/Bravo, I'm so glad I went w/ the Droid. No getting strung along, I just have the best phone available now. And from the looks of things, who knows when any of those phones will come out.

All I ask is for two years of support. By the time my contract is up, there'll be a a Droid 2 (or maybe even 3).
0 Replies