Where do they all go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,745 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:33 am
Well, Wilso, if you don't wash them by hand but in maschine, if you are sure, no-one could have taken them away, your washing machine has no hidden panels ... well, then certainly the machine has a sort of portal ans is selectively transporting some socks into another dimension.

At least, that's where my socks are. Perhaps being together now joyfull with yours.

Which leads to my (nearly proven) theory that all over the world, washing machines (and possibly dryers) are shuttling socks to another dimension.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:38 am
However, if you don't believe in my high standard theory and are more a man of practise, and additionally some socks are missed longer (that site isn't updated since August), you perhaps could find your socks here:
Lonely Socks
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:39 am
My husband (who was trained as an accountant) came up with the perfect answer. He pins each pair of socks together, before I put them in the washing machine.

I don't do that with mine. There is something rather comforting to know that out there, in the Twilight Zone, (Da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da) my unpaired socks are cavorting and playing with other socks from around the universe!

Think about it. If all the mismatched socks that ever went astray were placed in one big pile............Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:43 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
My husband (who was trained as an accountant) came up with the perfect answer. He pins each pair of socks together, before I put them in the washing machine.

I don't do that with mine. There is something rather comforting to know that out there, in the Twilight Zone, (Da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da) my unpaired socks are cavorting and playing with other socks from around the universe!

Think about it. If all the mismatched socks that ever went astray were placed in one big pile............Laughing

It would reach to the moon!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 06:30 am
I think I can beat your 16 Wilso. There must be some kind of black hole somewhere they fall into.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:36 am
I buy identical pairs of socks. That way I always have a match and don't spend all my time hunting strays.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:45 am
I matched all my socks a few months ago! ALL of them - it has to be a miracle! I hunted out every sock, in every drawer and basket - some had been lonely for months! And - I found a mate for each and every one.

Of course, I have a front loader - things don't get teleported so easily from them...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:52 am
dlowan, you must have a sock fairy. Can we pass your fairy around so we can find our socks too?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:54 am
When you remove a pair of matched socks, tie them together loosely. It means they take a little longer in the dryer, but they come out matched.

That being said, i don't bother and just keep the mismatched ones in the hope that the mate will turn up. And for those times when mismatched are the only clean socks i have . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:57 am
Montana wrote:
dlowan, you must have a sock fairy. Can we pass your fairy around so we can find our socks too?

Sure - only I seem to have mislaid her whereabouts for now.......worried frown......
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:58 am
I've had a front loader for 10 years. Doesn't seem to help me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:01 am
dlowan wrote:
Montana wrote:

Sure - only I seem to have mislaid her whereabouts for now.......worried frown......

Those darn fairies!!! Isn't there some kind if distress call for times like these?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 09:11 am
I swear they turn into coat hangers.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 09:14 am
The fairies or the socks?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 09:18 am
I used to have a lot of wire hangers. I thought that it was unseemly for a person of my status in life Rolling Eyes to have such mundane items. So I went to Wal-Mart, and bought a whole load of plastic hangers.

They work fine, except for one thing. They take up so much more space than the wire hangers. I can get much les stuff in my closets! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:40 am
Petunia, my guess would be that the fairies turn the socks into the coat hangers. That makes perfect sense.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 01:39 pm
Zounds.....!!

On seeing this thread I raced to my sock drawer and counted.......... 16
that's right. 16 !!!

We may a convergence here......... W... are 7 of your socks black, 3 brown and the rest white athletics except for one pathetic off-white cream thing that I am SURE is not mine but which has bunked with the rest of the pairs for a number of months now??? I will send them to you via FEDEX tonight!
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:18 pm
Wilso:

Frankly, I think it's time to have a talk with your dirty clothes hamper!!

Anon
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:46 pm
My theory is that the sock fairy turns random socks into lint. That's where all that lint comes from.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Results of my latest sock hunt
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:32:28