The Results of my latest sock hunt

dlowan

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 02:53 pm
Aaaaah - but front loaders create much less lint.

I think Wilso has a one-legged burglar.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:21 pm
One unmatched sock in the past decade. When socks wear out, I throw them away and replace with a batch of 25 or more identical pairs. They have to match.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:29 pm
I bought those net sock bags for everyone....they work too....but squinney refused to use them....probably 'cause it wan't her idea :wink: .....I don't even attempt to match my socks anymore....I just don't wear high water pants so no one knows.......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:37 pm
I don't have any mismatched sox. I toss out the ones without mates, but that hasn't happened for a while. No missing underwires lately either. My luck must have changed.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:42 pm
littlek- I tried that ploy once. I threw out a bunch of singleton socks. Then, guess what? The mates that had disappeared for an interminable length of time appeared, all of a sudden. I was again left with a bunch of 1/2 pairs of socks! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:48 pm
LittleK

littlek wrote:
No missing underwires lately either. My luck must have changed.

Either that, or your love life just went to hell!! Shocked

Anon
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:49 pm
Phoenix - I guess I'm just lucky...

Anon, that happened a long time ago.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:49 pm
i try to make a point of wearing unmatched socks on weekends. if you make it yer style, people think it's cool. i learned it from a friend's daughter who refused to wear matched socks to school. REFUSED!!! holding breath refused. she started a trend, that i have continued far too long.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:55 pm
My unmatched socks generally turn into dog toys, and then inevitabely I find the matching sock.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 04:02 pm
LittleK:

Sad Crying or Very sad Drunk

Anon
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 04:30 pm
Nah, I'm over it. I'm guessing things'll turn around at some point.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:54 pm
Somewhere in the archives is a piece I wrote. It's a parody of that scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind where the mothership opens up and all the missing people come out. You remember, the aviators from the WWII Bermuda Triangle are there, the swept up little blond boy, the disappeared Canadian fishermen, they all look a little dazed.

In my scene the aliens come out carrying box after box after box of car keys, golf balls, baseballs, unpaired socks and ten or twelve big boxes marked "Homework".

There is also a gigantic, triple dumpster sized container of millions and millions of little pieces of paper.
The earthling asks "What are all these?"
The alien says "Phone numbers of women that were never called."
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 06:04 pm
I have never misplaced a pair of socks. The reason? I don't wear them. Years ago I came to the realization that my life would be a financial struggle. I knew I would have a difficult time with my mortgage payment plus the upkeep of my menagerie. I had to cut expenses somewhere and socks fell into that category. I quit buying them. I simply paint my feet on a daily basis... sometimes white, sometimes black... whatever the occasion dictates.

Paint is cheap.

The anguish of searching for socks is not a cross I prefer to bear.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 06:06 pm
paint is not cheap.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 06:19 pm
LOVE IT, JOE!!!
Please see if you can find that story. I'd love to read the whole thing.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:28:35