Where the heck is Spendi?

Mame

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 03:29 pm
I miss that guy. Hope I don't have to go to the argumentative or game threads to see him.

you know who else hasn't been around? His nemesis - Mathos.

Lots of other people not here, too, but those two I first met (along with good ol' Dutchy) on the trivia threads when I started. Miss 'em.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 943 • Replies: 12
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 03:31 pm
@Mame,
http://able2know.org/topic/11222-1413#post-3875948
Mame

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 03:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you Smile I found 'im. All's right with the world.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 03:57 pm
@Mame,
Hi Mame, spendi is still around on the various trivial threads, Mathos has disappeared for good but still exchanges e-mails with me, and ol' Dutchy is still around as always. Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 06:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Good choice osso.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 06:07 pm
See. You've been missed, Spendy. Wink
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 06:41 pm
@msolga,
Don't try telling the anti-IDers that Olga. I've got their knickers in a right twist.
Izzie

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 06:47 pm
@spendius,
you were missed!
Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 06:52 pm
@Izzie,
where'd he go?
Mame

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 10:07 pm
@Rockhead,
he's here! Smile always liked that guy
Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 10:09 pm
@Mame,
he's ok, for a limey sot. Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 10:18 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Don't try telling the anti-IDers that Olga. I've got their knickers in a right twist.

You never waste an opportunity, do you? Laughing
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 03:28 pm
@msolga,
It's the wrong policy Olga. To waste an opportunity is always foolish. The word "waste" implies that there is no downside to the opportunity.

The body of the law is a list of the downsides of the opportunities which tempt our basic animal nature to take. If we were not tempted by that nature there would be no point to the law or to security measures.

And I can't see any downside in having another snidey dig at the intellectuals on the Evolution threads. The more people who go have a look in on that the more will see what we will get if ever they come to power. I'll risk them being attracted to anti-ID.

It's an interesting question--how would we legislate to provide a legal downside to opportunities of a tempting nature which are normally, often, sometimes, provided by a sense of sin or shame. I imagine farting loudly in public having a downside began in churches. It still has no downside in a few of the working men's clubs in Northern England which still cling to life. Except on Saturday night. Silent ones are frowned upon in such places.

How would you legislate for that?

It was remiss of me to mention, as I know it will amuse the thread mistress, that our Boxing Day fart lighting competition was won, once again, by the hot favourite. Her competitors were woeful.
0 Replies