LOOK! Drinking alcohol may actually lead to women LOSING weight.

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:25 pm
I went to have my hair cut yesterday and I was talking to the girl cutting my hair about kids then we started talking about drinking...because multiple children apparently seems to lead to drinking sometimes.

She said that she heard that drinking alcohol can actually speed up your metabolism and make you lose weight. And this article says that is does...(whoopee!)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-Drinking-Alcohol-Make-You-LOSE-Weight

BUT

I can find 10 articles to this one saying that it will make you gain weight. Which is what I would have normally thought.

But wouldn't it be nice? Maybe it has something to do with the stress related Cortisol that women seem to have trouble with...if you drink - you aren't as stressed - therefore you gain less fat.

It's a sweet dream.

Rockhead

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:28 pm
@mismi,
hey when you are done with that one, you GOTTA try the pie diet.

it's sweet, too...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:32 pm
@Rockhead,
or grapefruit..
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:32 pm
@Rockhead,
I wish.

BUT are there any articles saying you can lose weight while eating pie? If you can find me an article...I might believe it. Because an article placed on the internet is always true.

Are you trying to make me get fluffier?

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:33 pm
all the girls look great at closing time Drunk

wait, what, wasn't that what we were talking about Embarrassed
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Now...grapefruit...or cantelope...I have heard you can lose weight eating them...celery too. Something about your body burning more calories digesting them than they had in them. I think I said that right.

I need to see if I can find something to back that up. Though really - pie or alcohol would be preferable.
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:37 pm
@djjd62,
drinking and women Didge...you got it. Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
@mismi,
Isn't there a cocktail with grapefruit in it? If so, that would cover you to lose weight.
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:48 pm
@Linkat,
Makes good sense to me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 04:49 pm
@Linkat,
greyhound, vodka and grapefruit juice
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:01 pm
@Linkat,
Maybe that's why they put celery in Bloody Mary's...to cancel out the calories. Brilliant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:04 pm
I think I did read an article on alcohol and losing weight within the last couple of weeks. Probably was on google news somewhere.

This is anecdotal of course -
Anyway, despite the tags about drunk posting on some of my threads, those are usually, though not always, tired posts, from me not having a life and spending too much time at a2k. (I should diversify). My alcohol use over decades has lessened but been fairly steady, with some admitted periods of increase, lower for a while now.. My weight, on the other hand, has had more to do with things like stress going to school and working, stress on quitting smoking, stress re marriage, health, stress re low income with no answers but moving. Weight sine curves were clear re stress and behavioral change once I saw it happening. A potato chip diet is not a good stress remedy. Potato chip deprivation has been working for a couple of years re weight loss.
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:14 pm
@ossobuco,
That's interesting Osso...one of my favorite emotional crutches is potato chips. I love to drown my sorrows in a bag of dill pickle golden flakes...yum. But you are right...not such a good choice if you would like to stay at a healthy weight.

I bought an eliptical not long ago, I try to jump on it when I feel like eating...that seems to help...but honestly - not near as gratifying as the bag of chips. There is not the mmmm factor there.

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:16 pm
@mismi,
I've also heard that the alcohol isn't the problem so much as the junk food eaten along with the drinking.
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:19 pm
@Linkat,
Well...I do like my beer with pizza.

I guess it really just comes down to making wise choices....again.

If it seems too good to be true. It is.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:28 pm
I admit to loving salt. I watch it all the time - but it turns out I don't watch it like my cousins, dayumm, I can learn from them. I buy few canned or packaged goods and don't add much to what I cook myself, but there is always some in there. I test out at almost too low sodium now, or did last time I got tested. Thus the whole thing of going mad for, say, kettle's salt and pepper chips, I crave them. Luckily they're a million dollars a small bag.
But - back in the high weight times, the chips would have just been a watermark for things like ham and cheese croissants at a good bakery, and so on.

That's one thing about Albuquerque, the bakeries suck, at least re croissants.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 05:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, I couldn't find the article immediately on google news or bbc or nytimes. Ah, well.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
You gave up potato chips?

I'd die.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 07:01 pm
Quote:
Drinking alcohol may actually lead to women LOSING weight.

It certainly does in the eyes of drunk men.
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 07:12 pm
@joefromchicago,
Here - have a few more - get me down to a size 2 Wink Okay...maybe a 4, or 6...Heck..here's a pint...won't matter anymore after that...Razz

Yeah JPB...I like my chips. Don't know that I could give them up entirely...chips and salsa especially...and a beer.

1. Forums
  2. » LOOK! Drinking alcohol may actually lead to women LOSING weight.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:53:33