A lil' dab'll do ya

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 07:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

While an adolescent i would follow the common practice. After sports practice or a sports event, we'd get in the shower, and while soaping ourselves, we'd run the bar of soap over our heads, and get that all soapy, too. That was what we used for shampoo.

We had real poo, by Dog, not this sham stuff.

I can imagine that a hairdresser would cringe at the thought.

I cringe at the thought!!!

Mind you, my hair is a steenking feral mess right now. I have no right to sneer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 07:53 am
@msolga,
you really gonna put that on your hair?
msolga

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 07:57 am
@ehBeth,
Yes!

You find that a bit strange, ehBeth?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 07:59 am
It's gotta be better than washing your hair with a bar of soap . . .
msolga

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 08:07 am
@Setanta,
Smile Agreed.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 08:08 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

you really gonna put that on your hair?

like I've said before, you don't use what they would recommend to the men, like a quarter size, or even a dime size.

More like the size of a pea.

If you get it though all your hair by not just globbing onto one place, but by spreading the tiny bit over your hands, then through ALL your hairs, it's really great.
My hair doesn't look or feel greasy at all. When I boof it around, it stay boofed. When I play with individual small pieces of hair, scattering them around, they stay scattered.

I've never seen something do that, and hold all day long, with so little.

Yesterday, when I got out of bed, of course my hair was all over the place.
While showering, I didn't even wet my hair, I just once ran my wet hands through my hair.
When I got out, I just picked at it a bit, and I swear to God, in less than a minute it looked exactly like it did when I fixed it up the day before. Squirted on a little spray at the roots, and I was good to go.
msolga

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 08:24 am
@chai2,
Got it!

I shall proceed with confidence. Smile

Funny, chai, after the perplexed look on the woman's face at the Chemist's today (Like: "You're looking for Brylcreem? Right. I see ...OK " Neutral ) I felt I had to explain that it was actually for me, not some male in my life stuck in the 1950s, or something... That I had learned of the wonders of Brylcreem on an internet forum, from a woman who had had great success using it! ... & that I felt that this could be the beginning of something! A trend, even! She got quite excited herself. Laughing )

chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 10:06 am
@msolga,
A trend, yes, a trend.

And you and I will be remembered as the intrepid souls who started it all.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:51:17